• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3PG or no 3PG That is the question!

17 posts in this topic

After seeing some 3PG books listed on ebay last night (which I had not seen in awhile) I figured I'd go check out their web site. But it seems to be down! Is the company out of business? Do people have some books there that they can't get back? Which then made me think, what happens if CGC were to ever go belly up(not in our lifetime, but as the baby boom generation starts getting older) and you had your prize Action #1 in there vault! Or just a Fantastic Four #25! Would they be returned to the rightful owners, I've heard of consignment stores that have gone under and peoples belongings were sold off as assets of the company. Just wondering!!!

I haven't seen anything about them in about 2 years... so I guess they're out of business.

Every 3PG book on Ebay (three dozen of them) is being offered by seller "china-man".

So, he was either a big supporter "back in the day", or he's got 3PG alive and well

in his garage. grin.gif

i think 3PG was doing so little volume that wrapping up whatever few submissions they had was not such a big deal

i haven't seen anyone complaining about not getting their books back

in e-mail correspondence the boss seemed like a nice guy, i just didn't have much use for only post-1976 submissions, but the price was right

I had never tried them, but then I've only slabbed a few moderns in my life.

It is weird, for the life of me I can only think of a handful of morderns to to submit.

Big deal if your Ultimate Avengers II scores a 10.0, so will a few thousand others. After postage, grading fees, selling fees, paypal fees, how much do these modern sellers rack in? About $.25 per sale?

I had never tried them, but then I've only slabbed a few moderns in my life.

It is weird, for the life of me I can only think of a handful of morderns to to submit.

Big deal if your Ultimate Avengers II scores a 10.0, so will a few thousand others. After postage, grading fees, selling fees, paypal fees, how much do these modern sellers rack in? About $.25 per sale?

I agree with your post, but you should change the 10.0 to 9.8. It's extremely difficult to get a 9.9 or 10.0, even for a modern.

at one time there were several competitors to CGC. which ones still exist, and does anybody here use them.

The only one i know of is the former CGG which is now ( grr guess I have CRS)

I would agree that it is not so easy to do with CGC, but if you look at some of those 3PG 93-98, some are pretty shabby looking.

Maybe why they are out of business 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

at one time there were several competitors to CGC. which ones still exist, and does anybody here use them.

If you ever want to know who the pretenders are... just search Ebay for "not CGC"

(3PG, CGG, PGA, PGX)

By the way, the last three I listed are all from the same state---

No, I meant to say "all from the same garage"---

No, I really meant to say "same guy"---

No, I really really meant to say "same company". Except "company" would be ""company"".

Funny how no one ever puts "not PGX" in the title of any CGC auctions. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think those 3PG dudes are out of business. They were CGC wanabees from the start turning out honduran-like quality. Hell I shoulda' been there gradin' to teach those nerdy monkeys how to grade! Holy [#@$%!!!]! Everybudy wants to copy somebudy nowadays.