• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hair in my CGC holders!!!!!

73 posts in this topic

It would be nice if cgc would reholder grevious errors for FREE but realisticaly it's not going to happen. Too much rework for NO fee. They are already backlogged. e.g. Bottom right hand corner of hi-grade 9.4 or 9.6 getting curled & folded inside the slab. confused.gif Ouch.

This was a huge problem for me for a long period, but it stopped (for the most part) about 6 months ago. I had a cookie crumb sealed inside a beautiful ASM #37 (only an 8.5) that looked like it left a grease stain on the cover, a small piece (fleck)of white paper inside the inner seal on a black cover Hulk #104 CGC 9.4, a 2 inch long plastic sliver inside the inner seal (cover) of an Avengers #89 (the most distracting so far). I also have had numerous other things I cannot even define inside the outer container on several keys. I even had one buyer complain & start name calling because I told them that this happens & that I didn't slab the book! Almost received a negative because of this, the buyer even stated in his E-Bay feedback: "Something under plastic cover not in item description!" This item was a barely visible strand of plastic, that looked like a hair. The buyer on this one said he knew what he was talking about because he owned 2 CGC books! Had to block this one! Incredible hostility towards me!

CGC has improved to some extent, but they used to either have a filthy environment in their slabbing chambers, or they didn't care. Hopefully they've added some quality control performance measures to address this.

My tribute to Don West!

I called Steve and asked them to bring Don West onboard. Better yet, I wanted to hire him and bring him to a convention. Who wouldn't want to see Don on stage selling CGC books! YEAH BABY! A ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN #1, It's a 10!!!! Gotta move em and groove with em Baby!

But then again I should just go back and be a serious dealer, crunch out those boring market reports, say I sold a 9.4 for this and hype my side of the market.

lol!! Folks, you HAVE to buy this!! I'm tellin' ya, this is the RAREST CGC comic EVER and it's ABSOLUTELY incredible!! Gang, whatever you do, make sure you buy this - if you have the money, buy 5! I'm not lying when I tell you that I have NO idea how we got this comic at this price- the distributors even told me that we were CRAZY to sell it this cheap. I've seen the same comic being sold by our competitors for 3 times the price!!!!!

They were in Jersey...be glad there wasn't more slabbed in there!

And you think the fact that now some of the rarest and most gorgeous books that exist are now going to Florida, land of humidity, silverfish, book lice and mold, is a good thing. I shudder to think of the enviromental conditions in which these books are being sealed and what they're being exposed to while they sit around for weeks waiting to be slabbed.

CI - Florida is also notorious as the land of no laws, where OJ moved to avoid anymore legal problems. Remember that "Commissioned Report" some guy was selling on e-bay that warned about slabbing, 9.8's, etc? Oooppps, wrong topic...

Yeah, why do you think clobberintime moved from Geogia to work in Daytona Beach! Lucky dog! However, word is that he is more interested in the High School spring break! shocked.gif

I never noticed hair in my cgc case, but I remember receiving a slabbed Byrne X-men book bubble wrapped with tape etc & ALL OF THE TAPE HAD PUBIC HAIR ON IT shocked.gif NOW THAT IS GROSS! smirk.gif Either the guy is from Boy Meets World or he is just plain sick tongue.gif I had to wear gloves to unpackage the thing frown.gif
I hate it when that happens.

I never noticed hair in my cgc case, but I remember receiving a slabbed Byrne X-men book bubble wrapped with tape etc & ALL OF THE TAPE HAD PUBIC HAIR ON IT shocked.gif NOW THAT IS GROSS! smirk.gif Either the guy is from Boy Meets World or he is just plain sick tongue.gif I had to wear gloves to unpackage the thing frown.gif

???

Thread necromancy at it's best! Nine years.

WTF were you searching for when you found this? You're one sick *spoon*.

Thread necromancy at it's best! Nine years.

WTF were you searching for when you found this? You're one sick *spoon*.

lol I wasn't searching for anything in particular. I was just reading some old threads.