• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 361 Print Run

329 posts in this topic

I think the ASM 361 Print Run question has been answered, so let's have a visual intermission for the ASM 359 and ASM 360 precursors to "full Carnage". (thumbs u

Amazing Spider-Man #359 - Letters Page

ASM359letters.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #360 - Story Page

ASM360page.jpg

Nice Image. Amazing Spiderman 360 is like a Hulk 180.

And can still be found in the dollar bin if you're lucky.

I think the ASM 361 Print Run question has been answered, so let's have a visual intermission for the ASM 359 and ASM 360 precursors to "full Carnage". (thumbs u

ASM359letters.jpg

ASM360page.jpg

I would say ASM 360 is 'stronger' than Hulk 180, as he is shown and talks in 5 panels, he kills, he says his name, no ambiguity as to who he is.

ASM359letters.jpg

ASM360page.jpg

And can still be found in the dollar bin if you're lucky.

I always liked this book...yup $1...is less than cover...definitely. ;)

ASM359letters.jpg

ASM360page.jpg

I would say ASM 360 is 'stronger' than Hulk 180, as he is shown and talks in 5 panels, he kills, he says his name, no ambiguity as to who he is.

I would say the opposite. Wolverine is shown, full figure, in a large panel on the last page, while Carnage, while he appears on more of the page, isn't shown full figure.

ASM359letters.jpg

ASM360page.jpg

I agree. Underrated for sure.

but by the time they read 359 was it too late to order a badjillion extras?

nobody is arguing that people weren't running around trying to buy 15 copies when it came out. we have the pictures here to prove it! that just means 15 other people couldn't get a copy then at cover price.

Comics stores can still re-order and upped their numbers since it's two months away. Hence, that's why some dealers were able to speculate on this early.

looks like there were maybe an extra 50,000 copies ordered vs. the prior issues. huge today, not a big blip then.

Cletus Kasady first appeared in ASM #344-345. The symbiote is shown spawning and off-camera joining with Cletus in #345.

I like 344...Cletus looks like a psychopath in the jail cell.

They sell him pretty hard as a psychopath in those early issues, almost comically so.

nobody is arguing that people weren't running around trying to buy 15 copies when it came out. we have the pictures here to prove it! that just means 15 other people couldn't get a copy then at cover price.

Comics stores can still re-order and upped their numbers since it's two months away. Hence, that's why some dealers were able to speculate on this early.

looks like there were maybe an extra 50,000 copies ordered vs. the prior issues. huge today, not a big blip then.

At that time, from a good source said 361 2nd print were to be 50,000 print run, Alpha Flight 106 2nd print around 50,000 and New Mutants 87 2nd around 100,000.

Cletus Kasady first appeared in ASM #344-345. The symbiote is shown spawning and off-camera joining with Cletus in #345.

They sell him pretty hard as a psychopath in those early issues, almost comically so.

Joker looking. Here's me in the early 1990's with my Carnage shirt...carnage is yellow. ;)

61f4ed07-bacc-47b4-9635-2768f3bb9599_zpsmvpjrl9w.jpg

At that time, from a good source said 361 2nd print were to be 50,000 print run, Alpha Flight 106 2nd print around 50,000 and New Mutants 87 2nd around 100,000.

I would buy that print run for #361 second print based on the ratios I've seen. The first print is much more common than the second print. Even when the prices spiked on the second prints and they came out of the woodwork eBay wasn't utterly flooded with them (unless I missed that). That cover looks great in silver ink, as does #362 (which is even tougher to find in second print).

Joker looking. Here's me in the early 1990's with my Carnage shirt...carnage is yellow. ;)

That's like the purple Yoda in the ESB paperback, very cool! Do you still have the shirt?

That's like the purple Yoda in the ESB paperback, very cool! Do you still have the shirt?

I have it somewhere with my early 1990's Mark Bagley Spiderman jacket. (thumbs u

I wonder if that shirt was printed up before 361 came out? hm If so, it makes you think Marvel knew they had a hit on their hands.

:gossip: If it came out after you'd think they'd know what color Carnage was...

Or, they may just have recognized a bad-a** cover when they saw one.

Where do you arrive at that number?

I wonder if that shirt was printed up before 361 came out? hm If so, it makes you think Marvel knew they had a hit on their hands.

:gossip: If it came out after you'd think they'd know what color Carnage was...

Or, they may just have recognized a bad-a** cover when they saw one.

Or, they ran out of red ink on Spidey.

:D