• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA on BB28?

33 posts in this topic

I'm old...why pay for what you can get for free? :D

Because no one 'round here is going to give you that info. Especially since George (the guy who runs that site) is a respected board member here.

Working a possible trade on my raw BB28, but this book is getting a lot of obvious attention lately... can someone help me out with GPA on a BB28 in 1.0 -1.5?

Many thanks!

GPA is only for slabs anyway. That's won't help you.

Use one of those free online price guides. They are worth every penny.

Working a possible trade on my raw BB28, but this book is getting a lot of obvious attention lately... can someone help me out with GPA on a BB28 in 1.0 -1.5?

Many thanks!

Not to mention there won't be likely any sales, and books in these grades depends much more on eye appeal than anything. 0.5 detached with slight staining probably sells for more than a 1.5 missing 1/4 of the back cover

Many thanks!

Not to mention there won't be likely any sales, and books in these grades depends much more on eye appeal than anything. 0.5 detached with slight staining probably sells for more than a 1.5 missing 1/4 of the back cover

And I am sure he can just guess at a value. I am sure he won't make a mistake plus or minus $10 that way.

Or he could pony the $10 for gpa and maybe avoid making a much larger error. lol

Penny wise to the extreme.

And I am sure he can just guess at a value. I am sure he won't make a mistake plus or minus $10 that way.

Or he could pony the $10 for gpa and maybe avoid making a much larger error. lol

Well, I'm guessing you missed my whole point...I asked for what the GPA was on the book to avoid "guessing". For whatever reason, you're stuck on the fact that I don't pay for GPA...maybe you own stock in the company?

I honestly don't really care if I lose money on a book I sell...I buy books based on what they're worth to me, and hope others do the same. I was just looking for a baseline to quote the person intersted in buying that was in the ballpark, on a book that is varying in cost more than most lately.

Thanks to everyone that chimed in with useful information!

Well, I'm guessing you missed my whole point...I asked for what the GPA was on the book to avoid "guessing". For whatever reason, you're stuck on the fact that I don't pay for GPA...maybe you own stock in the company?

I honestly don't really care if I lose money on a book I sell...I buy books based on what they're worth to me, and hope others do the same. I was just looking for a baseline to quote the person intersted in buying that was in the ballpark, on a book that is varying in cost more than most lately.

If you are determined to not use a pay service like GPA then there are other ways to answer your question.

look at completed ebay sales on their site

look at completed heritige auctions on their site

do a search here in the marketplace and see the asking prices and sold prices if one was offered here.

or save the time and just spend 10 bucks.

You think I missed your point? Oh no, I got it.

1.0 = $1,350 last sale ($1,098 12 month average)

1.5 = $1,595 for both

Give a man a fish.....