• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Ebay switch

38 posts in this topic

I replied to this thread earlier, and made comments about checking the feedback of the seller and noting that in the feedback are feedback posts about poor shipping, also that the seller typically doesn't sell comics.

Apparently my earlier reply got removed :(

Got removed? Why would it get removed?

Y'know, I think I remember seeing that comment. hm

Not sure what happened to be honest.

I just hope the buyer gets his money back.

Wait...

You actually bid on a book from a seller with a feedback score of "91.7%"???

and...

You are surprised by what happened???

In defense of the OP, the current feedback score only takes into account feedback in the last year, and the seller only has 24 feedback ratings over that period, 2 negative. He's got a feedback score of 750, and a quick scan doesn't show but a few negatives over the course of his eBay selling.

A few more than I would like, certainly, but not as bad as the 91.7% would suggest.

I could tell at a glance from looking at the title "Tales to Astonish" , didn't even notice the UPC code.

I still love the possibility of good deals on Ebay. Maybe I took a chance on this one, but the Subby cover looked good, and Ebay's buyer protection has served me before. l expect to get all my money back.

Thanks for the empathy from my Forum buddies!

Well, I just received my full refund after the item was received by the seller. Ebay provided the shipping label, so I did not lose any money. Did not have to escalate to Ebay Buyer protection.

No explanation or apology from the seller. So, should I blast them with a negative feedback?

I dont like neg FB but since the seller made no attempt at expalining if he doesnt care why should you? Blast em