• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink October Focused Auction - post 'em if you got 'em

89 posts in this topic

Couple more, I originally bid on maybe 10 books then said what the heck.Don't hold the Bloodshot against me, I bought an original Owner collection that had several issues with Bloodshot except #1.

RADBDF8B2015923_13711.jpg

RAD2D2242015917_12147.jpg

Issues when I first started to seriously buy off the racks regularly and collecting in general...

RADDB4A82015929_133922.jpg

RADA08302015105_11535.jpg

Are you around 40 years old? I started collecting and reading right around that time also.

Turning 49 at the end of the year :preach:

I actually was reading before this but not very dedicated. Mother brought home coverless books for a dime during the late 70's. The first covered issue she let me buy was when I was in six grade. It was Fantasy Masterpieces 4 which reprinted the Surfer issues which got me hooked...

Picked up a couple of fun books to help spread the shipping cost. :grin:

RAD153442015923_11724.jpg

RAD8BC5F2015923_111455.jpg

Price Variants!

Yep! I have a #155 that somehow I got lucky and picked up without realizing that I was getting a variant, and I've been wanting to add more price variants as long as they didn't break the bank. These qualified, especially since I was already shipping another book.

Issues when I first started to seriously buy off the racks regularly and collecting in general...

RADDB4A82015929_133922.jpg

RADA08302015105_11535.jpg

Are you around 40 years old? I started collecting and reading right around that time also.

Seriously under-rated run of books. Everything from 143-200 is overlooked because it was after the Byrne run and before all of the crossovers and hot 90's artists started. Granted it doesn't help that they are common as dirt even in high grade. But there are some really good reads in there.

I won the following this go round. I was not expecting my bids on the Avengers #1 or ASM #129 to carry but they did, and I lost the other couple of books I really wanted. :cry:

Clink%20Oct%202015%20-%20Amazing%20Spider-Man%20129_zpsqzl7pjwp.jpg

Clink%20Oct%202015%20-%20Amazing%20Spider-Man%20361_zpscoft5apj.jpg

Clink%20Oct%202015%20-%20Avengers%201_zpsp3uczbog.jpg

Clink%20Oct%202015%20-%20Mad%20Love_zps8uuyxdta.jpg

This is my one and only win:

image_zpsdkt7hxl4.jpeg

By the time I pay the buyers premium and one-book shipping charge I'll have definitely over-payed for it.

But I've been trying to buy a raw 9.6/9.8 copy for awhile and keep getting close but the copies either have the shallow chipping on the top edge of the front cover and/or wonky wraps.

Saw this one with a fairly decent wrap and thought screw it, I'm gonna get this done once and for all. Hope it looks nice in hand.

image_zpsdkt7hxl4.jpeg

By the time I pay the buyers premium and one-book shipping charge I'll have definitely over-payed for it.

But I've been trying to buy a raw 9.6/9.8 copy for awhile and keep getting close but the copies either have the shallow chipping on the top edge of the front cover and/or wonky wraps.

Saw this one with a fairly decent wrap and thought screw it, I'm gonna get this done once and for all. Hope it looks nice in hand.

It may not be a huge savings, but if you pay via check you don't pay the 3% premium. Maybe that will keep you just out of overpay territory. lol

image_zpsdkt7hxl4.jpeg

Thats the nicest wrap on a 404 Clink has had in 2 years. Not a horrible price though.