• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction November 2015....Some truly nice SA comics up for sale!!

278 posts in this topic

What are your guesses on the closing prices of the JIM 83 CBCS 9.6 & Action Comics #252 CGC 9.2?

I`m wondering about the JIM 83 too. If this was the CGC 9.6 JIM 83, it would be a $500K book easy.

Has the market established any kind of price range of CBCS books in comparison to CGC yet? Do they go for the same amount as a CGC book in the same grade? Or some sort of standard discount?

What are your guesses on the closing prices of the JIM 83 CBCS 9.6 & Action Comics #252 CGC 9.2?

I`m wondering about the JIM 83 too. If this was the CGC 9.6 JIM 83, it would be a $500K book easy.

Has the market established any kind of price range of CBCS books in comparison to CGC yet? Do they go for the same amount as a CGC book in the same grade? Or some sort of standard discount?

wasn't the JIM 83 9.6 offered for sale online for a while earlier this year?

I saw prices on the books I was looking at with CBCS labels were going higher than CGC for a little while. That FF1 CBCS that closed at around 70k+ was a high price. Prices are about equal grade for grade now. As far as either being "soft", I'm not too sure about that. It could be that books are being accurately graded or equally as soft. When people finally have access to grading notes it takes that magic 8-ball method of grading out of the equation. Just like that recent CGC Avengers that was a 9.4 in a 9.6 holder the same could be said about either company.

That Action 252 would be perfect with the exception of Cream'ish pages. There is a white 9.2 out there somewhere. Last sale was 25k in 2011 for that white copy. I wold personally put a 5k premium on that white copy if both were offered to me.

JIM 83 was listed on HighGradeComics for several months at a BIN of 575k.

I'm guessing under 300k when it's over. Why would a highest certified copy of JIM 83 not be in a CGC slab in the first place ?

And yes, it is a soft 9.6 IMO after taking a look at the super sized scans.

I'm guessing under 300k when it's over. Why would a highest certified copy of JIM 83 not be in a CGC slab in the first place ?

+1. CGC is much stricter on their grades. It's like earning an A grade is harder from this teacher. ;) Anyways, I checked the few grader note's on this book " few spine stress barely breaks color", but I see spine stress lines that break colors. The right side front cover of the book has wear which CGC would hammer it down to at least a 9.4. I see better 9.6's in my days.

not to mention the bottom right corner ...

There was a thread in Comics General about this Heritage auction. I started a poll in the thread and the vast majority of voters thought it a 9.4

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=392217&Number=8934198#Post8934198

Not to mention the ultra high graded (CGC) Amazing Spider-Man run of comics as well!!

Those ASM books are amazing! :cloud9:

Truly amazing! Most of the ASMs are MintyMint's, right? Had to be difficult to let those beauties go.

+1. CGC is much stricter on their grades. It's like earning an A grade is harder from this teacher. ;) Anyways, I checked the few grader note's on this book " few spine stress barely breaks color", but I see spine stress lines that break colors. The right side front cover of the book has wear which CGC would hammer it down to at least a 9.4. I see better 9.6's in my days.

I would have to disagree. I got killed on a submission to them getting 2 CGCs downgraded (CGC 7.0 to other guy 6.0 and CGC 5.0 to 4.5). I don't have enough experience in the ultra high grade realm with them, but I haven't seen a huge difference in comparisons I've made. Just my 2 cents.

This so not true.

I have several examples but will share one.

TTA 35 CGC 9.2 goes to CBCS for a regrade....comes back CBCS 9.2

I'm just as vested in CGC as many of you but don't mislead people with this unsubstantiated claim.

Both companies have been shown to be soft of grading and other times very tough on grading.

This so not true.

I have several examples but will share one.

TTA 35 CGC 9.2 goes to CBCS for a regrade....comes back CBCS 9.2

I'm just as vested in CGC as many of you but don't mislead people with this unsubstantiated claim.

Both companies have been shown to be soft of grading and other times very tough on grading.

I'm talking the JIM 83. Overall, I find CGC to be more stricter in grade and PQ on books. Yes, my opinion and what I have seen and experienced.

How's this a 1.5? CGC standards would be 1.0 the best.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CBCS-1-5-OW-Origin-1st-Appearance-of-Spider-Man-/331652403369?hash=item4d380610a9:g:9QMAAOSwAYtWHGhr