• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Issue: Slab returned .... BUT!!

109 posts in this topic

There is no way I send anything over $149 without sig conf. If they don't like it I'll just cancel transaction after calling ebay to get all my ducks in a row in case they want to leave bad feedback so I can get it removed.

"I'm sorry sir I cannot take the risk of shipping an item worth that amount getting lost. Confirmation is a must in order to protect myself. If that will not work for you I can cancel the transaction'.

That's a good rule of thumb

I had an eBay issue like this a couple of years ago...sold an iPhone to a person, they said it was not as described and wanted to return it. I said no, eBay said yes. He shipped it but it got lost in the mail. Eventually the tracking said delivered but it was not delivered to me (I don't know where it went). eBay said since tracking shows it was delivered they are refunding the buyer his $300 back and then said I owed $300. I said no and immediately closed my eBay and paypal. They never got the $300 from me since I did not have money sitting in my account and my bank account was never tied to paypal or eBay.

:acclaim: That's one way to stick it to them.

I had an eBay issue like this a couple of years ago...sold an iPhone to a person, they said it was not as described and wanted to return it. I said no, eBay said yes. He shipped it but it got lost in the mail. Eventually the tracking said delivered but it was not delivered to me (I don't know where it went). eBay said since tracking shows it was delivered they are refunding the buyer his $300 back and then said I owed $300. I said no and immediately closed my eBay and paypal. They never got the $300 from me since I did not have money sitting in my account and my bank account was never tied to paypal or eBay.

So you are banned from ebay and paypal?

How many feedbacks did you toss away to avoid losing $300

yeah, it was dumb on my part, i guess i had done business with this guy before and maybe i wasn't thinking about the $750 or whatever because each of the parts of the shipment was less than that. had i not combined it into one box i would have been ok. the whole series of transactions was a total klusterphuck. problem was i was selling grab bag lots, but i would construct them after they were purchased and let the buyer have some input in terms of title preferences (if he said he tated hulk, i would respect that, for example) if it wasn't too much work, so for the $800 or whatever sale it was a lot of books because they were supposed to add up to like $2000 in OPG, something like that. right now i am fuzzy on the details. and it took me a while to put the lots together because i was selling a bunch of them. so he was grumpy about shipping times and then like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person i sent it media, figuring he was local and that took a long time.

anyway, not my smartest series of actions

Ebay…technically…but I never sell there anymore due to issues like this or the OP's issue. I rarely buy there as well.

My Paypal is fine…especially since they are split from eBay. I had a fake name just in case but since the split I have gone back to my real name.

I received a message from eBay today regarding this matter:

Hello Mike,

Thanks for contacting eBay about the "Ultimate Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.8 - WHITE Pages - First Print - Case is MINT (252131723273)" that you recently sold.

I understand the buyer returned the item to you, but it was damaged. I'm sorry to hear that this transaction didn't go as expected.

Buyers who shop online expect a seamless experience and we work closely with the eBay community to make the returns process as easy as possible. As part of this, once tracking shows that an item has been returned to the seller, we refund the buyer immediately.

I understand how frustrating it is that, in this case, the item's condition changed but, unfortunately, we can’t reverse a refund without definitive proof that the buyer caused the issue.

If you feel a buyer is taking advantage of your return policy, you can anonymously report the buyer to us. Just click the "Need to report the buyer?" link at the top of the Return details page. We won't reply to you directly, but we'll use this data to help identify bad buying behavior across our marketplace and help protect sellers against buyers who repeatedly misuse the eBay marketplace.

I’ll also submit this buyer for review on my end. We can't disclose any actions taken on another member's account, but I assure you that we will investigate and respond appropriately.

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but I hope I've explained things clearly. I hope your future transactions will run more smoothly.

Sincerely,

(name)

eBay Customer Service