• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
17 17

8,516 posts in this topic

this is just SICK! I have never held a MMM this nice. I grade this a VF+, flat as a mirror & OWW pages, just KILLER ...BUT, and there is always a but, one crossword puzzle was filled out with pencil inside. What in your opinion does that do to it's grade? If for sale, I would list it as a VF+ with 1 crossword done in pencil, but I am curious how others would handle this.

That's a gorgeous book! I personally wouldn't have a problem with writing inside in pencil, unless it marred the story.

this is just SICK! I have never held a MMM this nice. I grade this a VF+, flat as a mirror & OWW pages, just KILLER ...BUT, and there is always a but, one crossword puzzle was filled out with pencil inside. What in your opinion does that do to it's grade? If for sale, I would list it as a VF+ with 1 crossword done in pencil, but I am curious how others would handle this.

3114073017_e3e7f7ebe7_o.jpg

That is just an awesome book (worship)

My favorite cover on the entire run and I've never seen a nicer copy. Congrats :applause:

That had to come out at pretty much the exact same time the movie was released. The movie hit just in time for Christmas 1937.

Beautiful book, great cover and the pencil doesn't change my awe of the book at all.

yeah, I think it coincided with the release. The mickey mouse cover issue I posted was the 1st app. in print of snow White & the dwarves, the next issue continued the story, and then this one Had her on the cover as well.

Edited by shiverbones

Thanks! I took a gamble on a copy I found on a misc. Antique website. It was described as having the crossword filled in,
You should have told them you could fill in the crossword for yourself, thank you. :kidaround:

Wonderful pickup! Congratulations, Shiv! :applause:

Congratulations, shiverbones. As I've pointed out in the past, FC 62 has got to be my favorite GA comic. It's just such a cool book with imaginative adventures and wonderful artwork and cover. And the V3#5 is just beautiful. The penciled puzzle shouldn't make any difference on price. It is very common and rarely mentioned by sellers. It wouldn't make any difference to me unless a book was graded in the NM range. Your copy looks like the 3rd best I've seen in the 10 years or so I've been working on my own run. I've kept the other two because it is such a cool and underrated book in high grade.

Last week, I got to visit my adorable 7 year-old niece, Mille, in Denmark. She has just learned to read and pulled out a local version of "Donald Duck" and started reading it for me. It took about half an hour to get through 3 pages but the experience was well worth every second. When I told her that I liked Donald Duck stories too, she announced that she collected Disney comics and took me to her room, where she proudly showed me the well-read stack on the picture (I asked her for permission to photograph it, of course), neatly placed next to her doll house. I am to blame for the misaligned comic on the top, which is the one she read for me.Then my 6 year-old nephew chimed in and brought a heavy stack of high quality books with Carl Barks reprints, pointing out the ones he liked the best.

It was one of those priceless moments, not least since neither of them know about my own little collection yet.

aastack.JPG

Last week, I got to visit my adorable 7 year-old niece, Mille, in Denmark. She has just learned to read and pulled out a local version of "Donald Duck" and started reading it for me. It took about half an hour to get through 3 pages but the experience was well worth every second. When I told her that I liked Donald Duck stories too, she announced that she collected Disney comics and took me to her room, where she proudly showed me the well-read stack on the picture (I asked her for permission to photograph it, of course), neatly placed next to her doll house. I am to blame for the misaligned comic on the top, which is the one she read for me.Then my 6 year-old nephew chimed in and brought a heavy stack of high quality books with Carl Barks reprints, pointing out the ones he liked the best.

It was one of those priceless moments, not least since neither of them know about my own little collection yet.

aastack.JPG

Thanks for sharing! I've had to personally corrupt my nieces and nephews as their parents don't fully understand the importance of comics! :sumo:

You collect Ducks?

Great story. I'm excited that my girls are constantly reading comics (and other books) especially the Ducks.

I finally got my #1 Grail Disney book! Absolute favorite Disney cover ever, and 2 great tales inside. :cloud9:

Congrats on both books - way to go!! :applause: