• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,453 posts in this topic

I so want to sit down and read these! :cry:

I so want to transfer the ones in polyurethane bags into mylar! :P

They are in mylar. Those are MyLite 2's.

Really? Wow, I've never seen that kind of "poly rippling" in my Mylites. :eek:

Flash and light artifact. They are brand new Mylite's.

Okay, I was going to hold off revealing this until Christmas day, but what the hell... This is what Santa brought me this year:

FC9.jpg

Holy crud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go Tim :o(worship)

I'd be happy with a 4.0, but wowser that book is stunning.

Thanks for all the compliments, guys! It's been a while since I bought a big ticket Duck book, but #9 is a book that I've been after for a long time, and despite the relatively large number of ultra-HG copies in the Census (2 9.4s, 1 9.6), I'd never even gotten a sniff of a really nice copy until now.

Really glad to see you got this, tth2. It surely was one of the biggest bargains of 2008. I know first hand that this book would have gone higher if it had not been because other collectors were waiting for the other keys in the same auction. This one fell through the alphabetical cracks big time.

Really glad to see you got this, tth2. It surely was one of the biggest bargains of 2008. I know first hand that this book would have gone higher if it had not been because other collectors were waiting for the other keys in the same auction. This one fell through the alphabetical cracks big time.

Thanks. I have to confess that I didn't actually expect to win it, and the winning bid was pretty much near the max of my bid, which I thought was a lowball bid. I mean, to win this for only $5K more than the most recent 9.4 FC 386 price was a shock.

As you say, I think the big players had to keep their powder dry for the FC 16 and WDCS 1 auctions, and this book ended up falling by the wayside. If the auctions had been in reverse order, some of the losing bidders on those auctions might have been able to go after this book more aggressively.

I guess that means I should go put it up on ComicLink right away. :jokealert:

Okay, I was going to hold off revealing this until Christmas day, but what the hell... This is what Santa brought me this year:

FC9.jpg

Tim! :o

'Incredible' is the first word that comes to mind.

Congratulations second.

Awesome third.

Very, very impressive...

FC9.jpg

Wow... wow... wow... :o wow... wow...

wow... :o

Wow.

D@mn, now I have to pull my lower lip off the floor.

W :o w

(worship)(worship)

Well, I hate to follow that stunning book up with this, but hey, why not! It may not be pretty, but it's one of the hardest issues of the run to find, the 2nd to last issue before it became WDC&S. This is one of the comic book sized issues.

3129812878_c3237f0d4f_o.jpg

Now you need the 12

Wow. Tim that is an amazing book. The way I figure it, commodities prices being what they were in Nov., this was cheaper for Santa than a lump of coal.