• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,458 posts in this topic

Very nice! I need that one.

I'll have to console myself with this one that came in today. I like it for several reasons, one of which is that it is one of the transition issues from magazine size to comic size. It is still as wide as a magazine, but only as tall as a GA comic. Fun book

mm3.jpg

Well, the last twelve issues of Uncle Scrooge have had Rosa back covers celebrating the 60th anniversary of FC 178. That would be issues 372-383. Given the great public service you've done with your list (thank you - I've been meaning to do that for ages), I'll volunteer to list the themes. I'll get to it later today.

AJD: It would be interesting to hear which Rosa stories are considered as classics? For Barks, most fans would probably agree that "Only a Poor Old Man", "Lost in the Andes", "Christmas on Bear Mountain" etc. are keys and that the original art would have been the most desirable if it had existed. Any thoughts on Rosa?

ciorac: Thanks for the increcible CC photo. As for the V5#4, few people probably realize just how difficult it is to find some of these larger sized issues in nice condition. For several of them, I have never seen a copy better than FN which makes them far more challenging than any issue from V3 and V4. Luckily for my own run, I picked up two nice copies of #4 around 2001 (one of them from moondog, who told me it was the nicest he had seen). Nothing high grade since then.

shiver: Congrats on the Christmas for Shacktown. I am quietly hoping that Geppi will list the original cover art for sale some day. Just in case he happens to be reading this, I was the buyer of the WDCS 96 cover and would be very interested in a private deal for the FC 367 art.

Edited by tb

Well, the last twelve issues of Uncle Scrooge have had Rosa back covers celebrating the 60th anniversary of FC 178. That would be issues 372-383. Given the great public service you've done with your list (thank you - I've been meaning to do that for ages), I'll volunteer to list the themes. I'll get to it later today.

AJD: It would be interesting to hear which Rosa stories are considered as classics? For Barks, most fans would probably agree that "Only a Poor Old Man", "Lost in the Andes", "Christmas on Bear Mountain" etc. are keys and that the original art would have been the most desirable if it had existed. Any thoughts on Rosa?

ciorac: Thanks for the increcible CC photo. As for the V5#4, few people probably realize just how difficult it is to find some of these larger sized issues in nice condition. For several of them, I have never seen a copy better than FN which makes them far more challenging than any issue from V3 and V4. Luckily for my own run, I picked up two nice copies of #4 around 2001 (one of them from moondog, who told me it was the nicest he had seen). Nothing high grade since then.

There was a complete high grade set of MMM's that was a precursor to the CC batch. I did not get a chance to buy it, but I did see them and they were all incredible. They looked brand new.

Mid and low grades are fine by me these days. This one is pretty solid. The scan makes it look more rough than it really is

For me the classic rosa story is Son of the Sun. If I could have one piece of rosa OA it would be that US 219 cover

Re Rosa classics.

Right up there with US 219 in my book would be USA 14 (his majesty mcduck).

Off the top of my head from Matt's list I remember these best:

Uncle Scrooge #219 – Son of the Sun – 26 pages – (reprinted in Uncle Scrooge #335 – 2004)

Uncle Scrooge #220 – Nobody’s Business – 10 pgs (reprinted in Uncle Scrooge #300 – 1996)

Uncle Scrooge #224 – Cash Flow – 26 pgs

WDC & Stories #528 – Oolated Luck – 10 pgs (reprinted in WDCS #620 – 1998)

WDC & Stories #531 – Metaphorically Spanking – 10 pgs (reprinted in WDCS #624 – 1998)

Donald Duck Advs. #12 – Return to Plain Awful – 28 pgs (reprinted in Uncle Scrooge #362 – 2007)

Uncle Scrooge Advs. #14 – His Majesty McDuck – 28 pgs (reprinted in Uncle Scrooge #331 – 2004)

Disney Comics (1990 – 1993)

Donald Duck Adventures #1 – The Money Pit – 12 pages (reprinted in WDCS #623 – 1998)

Donald Duck Advs. #34 – Super Snooper Strikes Again – 10 pgs (reprinted in Walt Disney Giant #3 – 1996)

Donald Duck Advs. #37 – The Duck Who Fell to Earth – 12 pgs

Gladstone Series II (1993 – 1999)

Walt Disney Giant #1 – Hearts of the Yukon – 24 pgs

Donald Duck Advs. #43 – The Lost Charts of Columbus – 24 pgs

Adventurous Uncle Scrooge McDuck #2 – A Little Something Special – 28 pgs

Uncle Scrooge #314 – The Black Knight – 24 pgs

Gemstone Series (2003 – present)

Haven't read these very often so I will let someone else comment.

shiver: Congrats on the Christmas for Shacktown. I am quietly hoping that Geppi will list the original cover art for sale some day. Just in case he happens to be reading this, I was the buyer of the WDCS 96 cover and would be very interested in a private deal for the FC 367 art.

holy smokes! congrats on the buy! didn't know the fc 367 cover existed.

can you treat us to a pic of the 96 cover?

:wishluck::popcorn:

I liked this duck from the NC water fowl sanctuary.

bb

3141435874_f687683a9b.jpg

And I wonder why the first comic book size Mickey Mouse Magazine is worth substantially less than the last issue.

It had a nice Pinocchio back cover too.

3141435470_d21cbff7bf_o.jpg

3141435578_5935a16f4d_o.jpg

bb

And I wonder why the first comic book size Mickey Mouse Magazine is worth substantially less than the last issue.

Because of what came next.

:wishluck::popcorn:

Here is the comic. We are still waiting for the original art.

:popcorn:

3141484858_d9957134dd_o.jpg

What about a printers proof from FC 147?

2533642957_13fbbf1661_b.jpg

bb

the last issue is all comics, whereas the lead ups were still the multi feature magazine style with comics too.