• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,448 posts in this topic

Definitely has to be one of the absolute top US slabbed sets. Just beauties. I've sent a couple of people your way lately, hopefully you found some books with them.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

The final book to arrive today. It is a good day :)

UncleScrooge121CGC98OWW.jpg

Wonderful books as always, WBC. I had actually never seen a CGC 9.6 Dell comic until a few weeks ago when a couple of WDCS (158 and 161) arrived. I have to say that these books are unreal in person and seeing them changed my understanding of your focus. Congratulations.

The final book to arrive today. It is a good day :)

Wonderful books as always, WBC. I had actually never seen a CGC 9.6 Dell comic until a few weeks ago when a couple of WDCS (158 and 161) arrived. I have to say that these books are unreal in person and seeing them changed my understanding of your focus. Congratulations.

Thanks, tb. I know exactly what you mean. It was a copy of Avengers 100 that did it for me when I was a teenager. The book was perfect and it changed the way I looked at comic collecting.

CGC can be pretty harsh on grading those Dells. I have seen some beautiful 9.4s. I have just five 9.6 Dells: Scrooge 30, Donald 63, Mickey 61 & 70 and Four Color 1151. And they do generate a little extra feeling of wonder because of their state of preservation. Your WDCS books would be nice to see.

Don't have it in hand yet but here's my Duck win from the CLink auction:

RADECA8520081217_15116.jpg

Transplant, That is one beautiful book :golfclap: - Hank

Wow! What a copy! And the only one I need for #62-256 complete... :cry:

:o You have been busy Matt!

This came in today. While not GA, it's likely no one else will appreciate this. There are only 2 genuinely hard to find US issues in any shape. #179 & this one. Since the #179 really doesn't do anything for me, this was always the Scrooge I had to have. I just picked one up Last week after not seeing a copy for sale in a LONG time. I think at this point the print run was about 10,000 and the fact that it has an un-reprinted Rosa story has made this issue dry up completely. I think most of them have ended up in permanent European collections because it truly is baffling how rarely this comes up for sale, even with people knowing it sells for a high premium.

3374021688_e86ba44749_o.jpg

This came in today. While not GA, it's likely no one else will appreciate this. There are only 2 genuinely hard to find US issues in any shape. #179 & this one. Since the #179 really doesn't do anything for me, this was always the Scrooge I had to have. I just picked one up Last week after not seeing a copy for sale in a LONG time. I think at this point the print run was about 10,000 and the fact that it has an un-reprinted Rosa story has made this issue dry up completely. I think most of them have ended up in permanent European collections because it truly is baffling how rarely this comes up for sale, even with people knowing it sells for a high premium.

I forgot to tell people about my trip to a local show about 6 weeks ago. A guy had set up blowing out $.50 books. In the boxes were a number of the Gemstone WDC&S and Uncle Scrooge books. Among them was a copy of 310. I was thrilled to see it. It is incredibly hard to find in any condition.

I forgot to tell people about my trip to a local show about 6 weeks ago. A guy had set up blowing out $.50 books. In the boxes were a number of the Gemstone WDC&S and Uncle Scrooge books. Among them was a copy of 310. I was thrilled to see it. It is incredibly hard to find in any condition.

congrats! You got yours a LOT cheaper then I did!

Nice one. I bought one of these a while ago from Todd Klein (which is kind of nice given his association with Don Rosa's work), but they routinely go for over $100 on eBay. In time I think this will be a hard to find issue. I wrote to the Overstreet folk and pointed out the scarcity and price of this one - which is not reflected in any price guide - and mentioned that even Bruce Hamilton was buying them back for $50 in 2004. I don't suppose the new guide will be changed, but this is an issue you won't find at guide!