• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,446 posts in this topic

This was a cgc 6.0 OW I just tore open :)

3310074876_8f3eed3bc1_o.jpg

Nice get Matthew. That is one sweet book and one high on my must buy list. I'm waiting on acouple of nice ducks myself - I have joined the beak abuse appreciation society!

Nice get Matthew. That is one sweet book and one high on my must buy list. I'm waiting on acouple of nice ducks myself - I have joined the beak abuse appreciation society!

Thanks! It's the 1st copy I have had that was better than GD, so I am pretty happy with it!

That is such a great story! I still remember getting my first issue of that comic in the mail as a kid. I was sick and had an awful day at school, got dropped off at the wrong place by the school bus in the rain and miserably walked home only to find, "Voodoo Hoodoo!" Changed my whole outlook on the day as I recall. Probably paid all of five bucks for it too, but condition wasn't so important in those days so yours is a tad better!

I missed this before, what a cool story, thanks for sharing! These comics really can have impact like that.

LeonardBrownsComics.jpg

I don't want to steal esquirecomics' photos from the thread below, but about 2/3 through his report from GEM's opening there's a picture of a Four Color 9 in a glass case. This must be the Crescent City copy that ciorac and Yellow Kid have posted smaller photos of.

I thought I would remind everyone of one of the BEST contributions to comic books in quite some time. I hope it stays around!!!!

Geppi's Entertainment Museum Opening Night Photos

Just picked up a couple of nice Australian WDC&S. No31 is April 1949 and No 243 is 1966. (We changed from the British pounds, shillings and pence to dollars and cents in early '66.) The sixpence (6d) issue has only four colour pages internally. All of the rest are B&W.

Both Walt Kelly covers, I believe. (Shameless plug time: I have Pogo and duck books for sale over on the selling thread.)

Cheers, Andrew.

No243.jpg

No31.jpg

Just picked up a couple of nice Australian WDC&S. No31 is April 1949 and No 243 is 1966. (We changed from the British pounds, shillings and pence to dollars and cents in early '66.) The sixpence (6d) issue has only four colour pages internally. All of the rest are B&W.

Both Walt Kelly covers, I believe. ....

No31.jpg

For a duck, is a wet beak actually abuse?

(Come to think of it, why would a duck care about getting wet?)

Jack