• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,445 posts in this topic

I haven't seen a new WDC&S or Uncle Scrooge for well over two months. I know Gemstone haven't been the most reliable publisher of late, but coupled with the thread on Diamond's problems, I wonder if we have seen the last of those titles?

Anyone know any different?

good point, I noticed the schedule looked off.

I am most distressed about the news of their not having paid the printer for the EC Archives. I was hoping the project would reach completion ... :mad:

I haven't seen a new WDC&S or Uncle Scrooge for well over two months. I know Gemstone haven't been the most reliable publisher of late, but coupled with the thread on Diamond's problems, I wonder if we have seen the last of those titles?

I am most distressed about the news of their not having paid the printer for the EC Archives. I was hoping the project would reach completion ... :mad:

I've ordered and pre-paid Weird Science IV - I'm starting to wonder if that was smart.

Yes, the better stories are towards the end, to have this run incomplete would be really frustrating.

I wondered what was going on with EC Archives. Haunt of Fear was supposed to be out last Fall.

:juggle:

Nearing the end of my purchases... one more biggie to go in a few days. What I like about this one is while it is the 2nd Barks art in the title, it's the 1st time he wrote & drew any story for Dell!

3305186380_e4a810f6d4_o.jpg

Bizarre cover!

Donald reminds me of Ralphie in his new 'jammies!

a_christmas_story.jpg

Funny bird-on-bird violence too, kind of like the Thanksgiving dinner covers.

Jack

at least Donald's beak escaped unscathed

Nearing the end of my purchases... one more biggie to go in a few days. What I like about this one is while it is the 2nd Barks art in the title, it's the 1st time he wrote & drew any story for Dell!

Jack

Speaking of Bird on Bird violence, we used to have a guy at work here who would feed his parrots scrambled eggs for breakfast. Sounds like a great imaginary Walt Kelly cover!

Bizarre cover!

Donald reminds me of Ralphie in his new 'jammies!

a_christmas_story.jpg

Jack

lol Donald seems a lot happier than Ralphie though!

Early ducks may still be tough on ebay, but later Ducks, wow, patience is the key. I just got this one for $20!

3305788940_67fe036397_o.jpg

Twenty bucks? :o

Incredibly nice for the price!

You don't suppose it belonged to THIS Nancy?

SH55.jpg

Jack

Early ducks may still be tough on ebay, but later Ducks, wow, patience is the key. I just got this one for $20!

3305788940_67fe036397_o.jpg

Twenty bucks? :o

Incredibly nice for the price!

You don't suppose it belonged to THIS Nancy?

SH55.jpg

Jack

OH MAN! That cover just taught me something. Never guess a girl's name out loud. lol

Edited by shiverbones

This was a cgc 6.0 OW I just tore open :)

3310074876_8f3eed3bc1_o.jpg

That is such a great story! I still remember getting my first issue of that comic in the mail as a kid. I was sick and had an awful day at school, got dropped off at the wrong place by the school bus in the rain and miserably walked home only to find, "Voodoo Hoodoo!" Changed my whole outlook on the day as I recall. Probably paid all of five bucks for it too, but condition wasn't so important in those days so yours is a tad better!

I don't remember, was that the REALLY beat FR I had about 8 months ago?

Your cards will mail tomorrow BTW... :gossip:

It was a GD- from a lot in March of last year. Wow. Didn't realize it had been that long.

Better be some good art on those cards for as long as I had to wait. :baiting: Oh, payment wait time > shipment wait time. Nevermind.