• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,453 posts in this topic

That's a terrific run of Uncle Scrooge! They look like really nice copies.

(thumbs u

This book below came in the mail from Superworld last week. It's now my oldest WDCS:

WDCS123.jpg

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

The simple, clean Barks covers from this period are among my favorite Disney art. I have the artwork to a WDCS cover from 1957 and just can't fathom how these perfect curves were drawn by hand without any corrections. The original cover art to Uncle Scrooge 39 was for sale at Heritage in 2006. I was the under bidder back then but would very much like to get in touch with the current owner if they happen to read this.

These are some of my older ducks

5544195961_5fa682662c_z.jpg

5593818300_43c92e2cb9_z.jpg

More Ducks, i.e., the rest of "Duck Box 1".

I have one more box of Ducks and some more Christmas Parades and other giants.

My attitude was Buy um if you see um.

They are always fun.

More Ducks, i.e., the rest of "Duck Box 1".

I have one more box of Ducks and some more Christmas Parades and other giants.

My attitude was Buy um if you see um.

They are always fun.

Great shots, Bruce. :applause:

I haven't picked up a new duck book in a long time, but I've been getting the bug to get back to them from seeing all the great stuff in this thread (Andrew!).

Here's a Barks Four Color I won sight unseen on Heritage as part of a reader lot... well pleased with the gamble on this and the rest. Looking forward to some fun reads!

fc189.jpg

I haven't picked up a new duck book in a long time, but I've been getting the bug to get back to them from seeing all the great stuff in this thread (Andrew!).

Here's a Barks Four Color I won sight unseen on Heritage as part of a reader lot... well pleased with the gamble on this and the rest. Looking forward to some fun reads!

fc189.jpg

That is one of my favorite stories too. I have a Red Circle copy of that and a couple of reprints...which I also read again.

Some great books here lately guys.

Hepcat - awesome WDC&S.

Duffman - that one will make all my ex-undercopies blush!

BB - some great books there and I have the impression that you own a few comics...

Point Five - I saw that lot and wondered what the FC 159 was like - nice pickup.

Now, here's my contribution. It's been slow on the duck book front the last few weeks, but I have managed to pick up a few items in a side project I have going. When Gladstone published the Carl Barks Library in Color I wasn't going to buy the books because I'd already got the B&W Another Rainbow series. But the cards were tempting...

As it happens, I've managed to pick up about 75% in bits and pieces on eBay over the last few years. Here's a selection. I might bite the bullet and pick up the remainders from the publishers, but they are kind of expensive that way, so we'll see.

To start off, here's the four Rosa cards:

LifeTimes.jpg

And the first nine WDC&S 'Heroes and Villians' cards:

heroes.jpg

(Confusingly, not all of the characters are from WDC&S, with some from the FC stories and others from uncle Scrooge.)

And the front and back of some of the Uncle Scrooge cards:

scrooge_fronts.jpg

scrooge_backs.jpg

BTW, I have a couple of duplicates of the heroes and Villians cards if anyone wants them.