• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,449 posts in this topic

I have never seen a copy that was cut according to the instructions. They must be extremely rare if they exist.

You obviously have not seen my collection. :roflmao:

It's not as bad as i make it out to be. I should scan a couple that were cut. I have an otherwise VF 4c Donald duck (big top bedlam?) but it's missing the piece you cut off on the back cover. Seller and I never caught it because the front was just so gorgeous. :pullhair:

Edited by Baz

Now that I have confirmed there will be no follow up invoice, this is what was gifted:

UncleScrooge56753x1044.jpg

What a nice thing to do. One of the fringe benefits of collecting Disney is that you tend to get to know some unusually kind people.

I was just going through this story the other day as I was comparing the original manuscript to the published art. I'll try to scan some pages at some point.

I would love to see any scans you are able to do. :popcorn:

What a nice thing to do. One of the fringe benefits of collecting Disney is that you tend to get to know some unusually kind people.

I was just going through this story the other day as I was comparing the original manuscript to the published art. I'll try to scan some pages at some point.

I would love to see any scans you are able to do. :popcorn:

+1

Quick question about the cards previously discussed. I went through my card albums and realized I may not need any. Is there any checklist or info online as to all of the cards released with the albums to see if I have full sets or not? Thanks in advance.

The latest addition to my WDC&S run. Back in October 2002, this book was listed right after a CGC 6.5 copy that I won. Now I have both of them.

I think it is interesting how the San Francisco, Windy City, and Denver copies appear to have been absorbed in long term collections decades ago. Geppi surely wouldn't have sold the Leonard Brown (Crescent City) copy unless he had been forced to do so. Now this 8.5 will probably also be off the market for the rest of my life.

Btw., note the CGC serial number.

The second scan is from Heritage's October 2002 catalog. It is always extra nice to get a book that got away the first time...

114641.jpg.62a8f9dc1f77cd231c17d13dff84712e.jpg

114655.jpg.cbb574eae42c493f0f34821fe77dbdea.jpg

The latest addition to my WDC&S run. Back in October 2002, this book was listed right after a CGC 6.5 copy that I won. Now I have both of them.

I think it is interesting how the San Francisco, Windy City, and Denver copies appear to have been absorbed in long term collections decades ago. Geppi surely wouldn't have sold the Leonard Brown (Crescent City) copy unless he had been forced to do so. Now this 8.5 will probably also be off the market for the rest of my life.

OUTSTANDING! Congratulations, that is truly an awesome addition to what is probably one of the most outstanding Disney collections I have had the pleasure of slowly viewing!

By the way, there is something great about the number. Think of it with respect to Scrooge and his old number one dime!

tb: It's an amazing copy of #1. I had someone ask me this weekend in Chicago if there was something special about WDCS #1 and why dealers might be charging a lot for it. You should have seen my grin.

So is that the first CGC ever?

From latest batch of CGC submissions.

MMM112_90.jpg

Damn, these are nice books - but this cover really makes me :screwy: regarding Donald.

He wanders through countless panels (and adventures) without pants, but when he (a DUCK remember) goes swimming he dons a "neck to knee" outfit.

I just don't get it lol

The second scan is from Heritage's October 2002 catalog. It is always extra nice to get a book that got away the first time...

Your collection is frankly amazing. :cloud9:

Low serial # is interesting. Wonder if there is anyone out there collecting low

serial # CGC books?

MMM112_90.jpg

Damn, these are nice books - but this cover really makes me :screwy: regarding Donald.

He wanders through countless panels (and adventures) without pants, but when he (a DUCK remember) goes swimming he dons a "neck to knee" outfit.

I just don't get it lol

Just beautiful (worship)

Beautiful white cover and ow/w pages can't be common on those MMM. :applause:

MMM112_90.jpg

You've done it again, tb, and are putting together the finest collection of MMM and WDCS I have ever seen, coupled with some of the exceedingly rare original art for some of those stories. Amazing focus and dedication!

Rich

You've done it again, tb, and are putting together the finest collection of MMM and WDCS I have ever seen, coupled with some of the exceedingly rare original art for some of those stories. Amazing focus and dedication!

Rich

+1 my sentiments exactly.

I always love seeing what you post, TB, even if it makes my collection look like something one would find under the hamster cage :) (and it gives me hope that there's still nice stuff out there for me to find!)

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone. This was indeed the first book in the first CGC submission ever (hope to hear the story about that someday - I imagine beer was involved?).

I dug up the manuscript to the "Ghost Town Railway" Uncle Scrooge story, but unfortunately I only have the printed version in a language no one else understands. If someone has an English language copy and could post scans of a few pages, I will scan in the corresponding pages from the -script.

Below is a book I'd love to upgrade (think I bought it around 2004), but you hardly ever see it above VG. It is currently tied for first place in the CGC census.

114711.jpg.4b066f387d89b5520c5807a2c8737117.jpg

It's ironic that even though the LFC #16 doesn't seem to be quite as rare as the LFC #20, it seems like it is just as rare, if not rarer, in high grade. At the same time, your copy really looks nice.

Richard

Nearly all those Large Features are impossible to find in nice shape. I think the Lost Valley collection had a few nice ones; I recall the Duck Tracy issue being in 8.0 or higher.

Ed