• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,449 posts in this topic

How so like a lazy basturd to name drop in a bad light everyone around a problem, town, and state than the exact person responsible for your feelings. Why don't you go dump on New York or Florida for awhile. I heard there was a bad person in each of those places :popcorn:
You might be overreacting just a wee bit.

tb did not slam the city of Eugene or the state of Oregon and I think he has tried to be as specific as we can. I think we know something is not right but are less certain where the precise origin. I don't think that it is unreasonable to identify the culprit as he has done. 2c

Geezzz ...

Try to be a Frenchman in the US for a while, then you'll know what it's like to be picked on :baiting:

Let's break the barrier by having lunch at the next Chicago con. The freedom fries are on me.

How so like a lazy basturd to name drop in a bad light everyone around a problem, town, and state than the exact person responsible for your feelings. Why don't you go dump on New York or Florida for awhile. I heard there was a bad person in each of those places :popcorn:
You might be overreacting just a wee bit.

tb did not slam the city of Eugene or the state of Oregon and I think he has tried to be as specific as we can. I think we know something is not right but are less certain where the precise origin. I don't think that it is unreasonable to identify the culprit as he has done. 2c

The only copy I would ever consider would have to come from an original owner collection as far from Oregon as possible.

Well, this isn't exactly a compliment. But anyways, sorry I got so hot with a fellow boardie. I'm over it. Got car crash problems to deal with now :(

Geezzz ...

Try to be a Frenchman in the US for a while, then you'll know what it's like to be picked on :baiting:

Let's break the barrier by having lunch at the next Chicago con. The freedom fries are on me.

:signfunny:

They called them Belgian fries in Belgium or just pommes frites. It was the only time that they were adamant about not being French.

Edited by BB-Gun

Been a little while, but I got this sweet WDC&S on ebay recently. (Actually I got two, but that's another story.)

wdcs_073.jpg

Duck prices seem to still be trending downwards. I have some nice Heritage items to show off when they arrive too.

Been a little while, but I got this sweet WDC&S on ebay recently. (Actually I got two, but that's another story.)

wdcs_073.jpg

Duck prices seem to still be trending downwards. I have some nice Heritage items to show off when they arrive too.

I hope the prices continue to trend down, for my sake.

I can understand the appeal of this book. It's got that "Giant Mouse" thing going for it :baiting:

wdcs_073.jpg

I hope the prices continue to trend down, for my sake.

I can understand the appeal of this book. It's got that "Giant Mouse" thing going for it :baiting:

Great cover! Duck prices dropping are good news but it only seems like on issues below VF.

I went duck hunting today in my hometown, and it turned out to be a series of coincidences tied to my dad. Dad is a Disney comics collector and has a complete series of WDC&S. I knew about this auction that had a bunch of Mickey Mouse Magazine comics & early WDC&S, but when I called the auctioneer, he sounded vague on condition but emailed me the list of comics. It sounded worth going to no matter what the condition would be, so I went. The story goes, that this house built in 1930 was boarded up after the original owner passed away, and the son, who's comics these were, lived out of state. I come to find out that the son and the auctioneer both graduated in the same class as my dad! Not sure if the son is still alive or if he passed away, thus the sale of his parents house and contents. The comics were found in a trunk in the basement wrapped in linen. There are rusty staples on the MM Mags, all books seem to be subscription issues (I haven't gone through them in detail yet), cover whites are very white, and most have above average eye appeal. I took some pics at the auction and will post scans of the duck books here (there are others with non-duck covers).

Here's a photo of the house & trunk:

JOHNSON.JPGTRUNK.JPG

Here are group shots while at the auction:

GROUP1.JPG

GROUP2.JPG

Scans to follow...

Wow - nice work! I went to a garage sale yesterday that mentioned 'box of old comics'. It wasn't quite the same as yours... but good if you wanted coverless Richie Rich and Archie from 1975.

You win. :)

Some really nifty books in there, iggy. Aside from the obvious treasures, you hardly ever see V1#11 in any condition at all. Last I checked, there were only 3-4 copies in the CGC census so it might be worth getting it certified. I think there's a good chance you can find a coverless Mickey Mouse Magazine V1#5 with a little patience as more than half the copies I've seen have had partial spine splits.