• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,472 posts in this topic

My brother loved the dinosaur stampede.

8377747857_2120315b92_c.jpg

I think everyone loves the dinosaur stampede! That story is one that I never read as a kid - it was reprinted in Australia but that issue didn't seem to find its way to my small country town. It was a very pleasant surprise when Gladstone re-ran it.

Those are beautiful books Mr Bedrock! I'm jealous of the FC238 - that's a book that has been high on my want list for years now, but I can't find the right copy.

Can you link to any of the WDCS for sale?

I haven't listed any of them yet. But they are graded and priced. There is a virtually complete run (missing maybe four or five) from #49 through #220. PM me if there are any specific issues you need and I'll get you grades, prices, and scans.

They had bought a house in Denver and there were 300 Disney comics in the basement.

What a dream find! Unfortunately it was made by people who could not have cared less for the comics. Sad how that's the way things always seem to work.

(shrug)

Apparently they had tried to sell them to a local shop up there and had no luck because they weren't "superhero" comics.

What a buffoon! Why don't you post the shop's name? The proprietor deserves the public embarassment.

:tonofbricks:

Well that shop's loss was my gain. Just beautiful books with killer white pages and tons of color and gloss.

You bet it was! Congratulations!

(thumbs u

Edited by Hepcat

8398887981_00f62b7492.jpg

This was the first Disney I bought off the newsstand.

mm

Welcome to the duck thread Marty - I think you are the first original owner of a book of that vintage we've had. Very nice it is too. :applause:

8398887981_00f62b7492.jpg

This was the first Disney I bought off the newsstand.

mm

Great book, I love that you kept it all these years. I still remember buying certain books off the newstand. Last night I started poking around on Mike's Amazing World of Comics and trying to determine when I started buying newstand fresh copies. It was pretty interesting to go month by month and see what was available from each publisher or from several publishers at once.

8402258385_719fd712f0.jpg

I know it's not just Donald but I thought it was a great cover.

This was given to me after attending the movie "FUN and FANCY

FREE"...they gave out quite a few to all the kids.

mm

I still remember buying certain books off the newstand.

Interesting! With the exception of perhaps a Harvey or two, I remember precisely which comics I had as a kid, and often precisely where I bought them if I didn't acquire them through trade.

Mike's Amazing World of Comics[/url] and trying to determine when I started buying newstand fresh copies.

And so what did you conclude?

???

I still remember buying certain books off the newstand.

Interesting! With the exception of perhaps a Harvey or two, I remember precisely which comics I had as a kid, and often precisely where I bought them if I didn't acquire them through trade.

Mike's Amazing World of Comics[/url] and trying to determine when I started buying newstand fresh copies.

And so what did you conclude?

???

The summer of '72 and picking up the 50 cent 100 page DC Superman 252 with the wraparound cover. I still remember wallking home with that beauty and starting to read it. Ah, the Golden Days of Summer before the internet. It then started buying the DC line just as prices dropped from 25 cents to 20 cents so I missed the reprint era but caught up with back issues.