• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,453 posts in this topic

I have 98 out of the first 100 issues of Spiderman. I might replace the first issue which is a reprint but I am not interested in completing 101-400.

Make an extra mile and make it 102.

#101 and #102 featuring Morbius are worth the effort! :D

I bought a couple of WDC&S in last week's Heritage auction. Hopefully presentable mid grades - but the prices were good.

image_zps32a36dec.jpg. image_zpsfef98710.jpg

Certainly they look like very nice copies.

8803275401_948f911076_c.jpg

8813858596_4cd42227a0_c.jpg

All of these are really special too. I read the reprints a long time ago. I am especially fond of the early WDCS issues with Barks' stories.

Finally finished the Four Color collection of Duck Stories by Barks, by the way. :banana:

Hey, don't hide your light under a bushel. This is a fantastic achievement!

Congratulations :applause:

As is usual at the completion of one run, the ubiquitous query "what's next"? lol

I changed the photos to celebrate a little more. :whee:

Fantastic collection!

mm

Thanks Marty, It only took 35 years. I still need lots of WDCS issues from volumes 1-4.

8814136400_6615ba987e_b.jpg

Here's one I always liked having.

8795751285_5bbbf56664.jpg

mm

Fantastic collection!

mm

Thanks Marty, It only took 35 years. I still need lots of WDCS issues from volumes 1-4.

(snip)

mm

I like these FC 147 pages.

8814390626_0bab0aed10_b.jpg

Fantastic collection!

mm

8814136400_6615ba987e_b.jpg

mm

It was a good year for ducks.

8814753456_8acc3a35ca_b.jpg

8815566648_2049b8e46b_c.jpg

Mickey Mouse strip from 1944 was reprinted in WDCS from 1947. To me, the story seems related to FC 9, Pirates Gold.

If they wanted to make it a feature length cartoon, I am not sure Disney would have approved of a story entitled "Isle of Death".

Edited by BB-Gun

If they wanted to make it a feature length cartoon, I am not sure Disney would have approved of a story entitled "Isle of Death".

In Italy, there is a great 1960 Mickey Mouse story which was originally titled "Topolino e la droga diabolica" ("Mickey Mouse and the diabolic drug"). "Droga" was a generic term up to the 1960s, which was not so stygmatized yet, but since the 1970s saw a peak in drug use and drug problems when the story was subsequently reprinted it was titled "Topolino e la polvere diabolica" ("MM and the diabolic powder").

Here’s the INDUCKS entry: http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=I+TL++236-BP

P.S. BB, I sent you a PM for the National #18 scan, have you seen it? (thumbs u

All of these are really special too. I read the reprints a long time ago. I am especially fond of the early WDCS issues with Barks' stories.

Finally finished the Four Color collection of Duck Stories by Barks, by the way. :banana:

As is usual at the completion of one run, the ubiquitous query "what's next"? lol

As you should. Well Done!!

They are great group shots, so tell me are there doubles or just a matter of "arrangement"?

As you should. Well Done!!

They are great group shots, so tell me are there doubles or just a matter of "arrangement"?

I have doubles of FC 178, 147, 422, 263, 408, 238, 275, 300, 308 and 367, I think.

Edited by BB-Gun

8816827807_08b843f736_c.jpg

I left out of the group shot, the Four Color 348, Crocodile Collector, and put in two copies of Christmas For Shacktown.

One has a great story and the other a great cover, i.e., FC 348.

Barks continued to do covers for the Duck comics but they weren't as good.

The reprint series got me interested in Ducks again.

Two of these are from my original collection.

8827418540_a0289bda4f_c.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

8831245140_eeb28f5c76_c.jpg

I am not sure that you can find crocodiles in Florida but I bet they would like a duck dinner, Huey, Dewey or Louie.

The snouts seem a little wide for a crocodile...OK, never mind, it is Disney after all.

Edited by BB-Gun

I just picked this up from Harley Yee at Comicpalooza in Houston. One of my few Duck Four Colors so far but it's one I've always wanted.

DD-PirateGold-FC09-05262013-small_zps20807479.jpg

:o

What a great copy!! Much nicer than the one I have

I think Harley is coming to WW Philly next weekend, I would have been after it. Nicely played lotemo :applause:

Great book - I still don't have one :cry:

Bill, if you see Harley can you ask him if he'll be in Sydney 22 June for Supanova? I am pretty sure he's attending Oz Comic Con in Melbourne 6-7 July but I don't know if he's going to the (earlier) Sydney gig.

Why don't I ask him? You know what he's like with comms. Even the Supanova organisers don't know if he'll be there.

Great book - I still don't have one :cry:

Bill, if you see Harley can you ask him if he'll be in Sydney 22 June for Supanova? I am pretty sure he's attending Oz Comic Con in Melbourne 6-7 July but I don't know if he's going to the (earlier) Sydney gig.

Why don't I ask him? You know what he's like with comms. Even the Supanova organisers don't know if he'll be there.

Sure, I'd be happy to.

Remind me on Friday though

I'm getting old