• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,467 posts in this topic

You don't see too many covers with DONALD & GOOFY together.

8527606275_cfa0da2e86.jpg

mm

That's a fun cover. I suspect that because Goofy was a bit more complicated to draw than Donald and did not have the same level of popularity he did not appear on more covers.

If you ever get a chance to see the Disney movie, The Reluctant Dragon; there is a great scene with Ward Kimball explaining the intricacies of drawing Goofy!

Here's a nicer looking copy of this book than I thought I'd own.

That's a beauty; I'm in pursuit of a nicer copy of that book. These are harder to come by than you think.

Thanks for the kind words. that one is out of a 8.0 PLOD slab (SP - staple reinforced at cover and cf) but it's a beaut alright.

I'm wondering what the consensus is on the tougher Barks FC issues. I see more nice copies of 108 than 147, which backs up your comment. I think that 29 and 62 are both tougher than 9 (which seems surprising). Any other hard issues? I can't find the right copy of 238, but had no trouble with the other post 200 issues.

Here's a nicer looking copy of this book than I thought I'd own.

That's a beauty; I'm in pursuit of a nicer copy of that book. These are harder to come by than you think.

Thanks for the kind words. that one is out of a 8.0 PLOD slab (SP - staple reinforced at cover and cf) but it's a beaut alright.

I'm wondering what the consensus is on the tougher Barks FC issues. I see more nice copies of 108 than 147, which backs up your comment. I think that 29 and 62 are both tougher than 9 (which seems surprising). Any other hard issues? I can't find the right copy of 238, but had no trouble with the other post 200 issues.

From my vantage it would be 29, 62, 9, 147 for copies in nice shape. Although I had a tough time landing a nice 159 but I think those are plentiful. I'm not sure why 147 is tough; maybe it didn't sell too well?

I would agree with you on 29 and 62, but I might reverse 9 and 147. It seems like high grade copies of 9 are always available if you want to spend the money whereas the others might not be even if you won the lottery. It isn't a FC, but MOC 4 also seems to be a genuine Barks rarity unlike the other MOC's.