• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,453 posts in this topic

re: SHOW US YOUR DUCKS!

We get mallards every day...

But this fellow (northern shoveler) was in the small creek behind my backyard last evening! (no joke)...

NorthernShoveler100.jpg

He made several quacks, but unfortunately no Barks.

Not the best cover, but hard to find this pretty.

Btw., thanks for posting the two splash panels together, BitterOldMan. I can imagine Barks' frustration when he was told to cut 11 pages out of "Trick or Treat", including the first splash, after he had gone the extra mile to frame the story so cleverly. His intent was clearly to have the story transition from the gloomy establishing shot to an uplifting ending, and that was completely ruined with the second version of the first splash.

wdcs7_75.jpg

I don't know that I've ever noticed this cover. Very à propos this time of year. :applause:

It's a cover I've liked and wanted for a while... Looks like Coney Island in its heyday.

Stunning copy. (thumbs u

Btw., thanks for posting the two splash panels together, BitterOldMan. I can imagine Barks' frustration when he was told to cut 11 pages out of "Trick or Treat", including the first splash, after he had gone the extra mile to frame the story so cleverly. His intent was clearly to have the story transition from the gloomy establishing shot to an uplifting ending, and that was completely ruined with the second version of the first splash.

wdcs7_75.jpg

I know I'v never noticed this one before. I really like it though!

(thumbs u

wdcs7_75.jpg

Those first 12-14 issues of WDCS have some pretty funky covers. The proportions on some of the ducks are really odd and I bet the work was not done by studio artists. Regardless they have a charm all their own and yours is a beautiful copy.