• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boy What A Difference 15 YRS Make

19 posts in this topic

I know its all hindsight, but who would have thought that Spidey 162 was more valuable than any issue from #51- #94 15 years later.

test2.jpg

reading old price guides is a recipe for anxiety. why was i spending so much money on beer, when i could have been buying multiple copies of ASM 14?

Yeah, that's for sure. I remember doing shows in the 15 to 18 years ago range. I sold countless mid to high grade Joker covers, McFarlane covers, Punisher appearances for multiples of Guide. And the HG SA/BA I took to those shows just sat and sat. Which in retrospect was a good thing because it meant I still had them when CGC showed up. laugh.gif

And the HG SA/BA I took to those shows just sat and sat.

Well you weren't selling anywhere near me... mad.gif

I was in my "buy all the nice Marvel and DC 20centers I can find" phase during this time. The problem was finding higher grade copies. All the comic stores in the area were full of generally ragged Bronze books. I discovered CBG during this time though and the wonders of mail order were opened to me... cloud9.gif

Jim

Is that really from just 15 year ago? Christ.

That can't be 1990's price guide, can it? I remembered ASM#14 being worth more than that back then. foreheadslap.gif

ahhh...the punisher. file that one under "Should Have Dumped Ten Years Ago"

along with, to a lesser extent "The Sandman"

That can't be 1990's price guide, can it? I remembered ASM#14 being worth more than that back then. foreheadslap.gif

OG #18 - 1988-1989

I seem to remember a period where ASM 129 dropped way way lower than it is now, after all his series (War Journal, War Zone, regular ol' Punisher) were cancelled. Thats when I managed to pick up a decent copy. Then it started back up because of movie talk and whatnot.

As I recall, right after this price guide, ASM #14 started to skyrocket. I spent three months talking a guy into selling me his, and he finally sold in the beginning of 1991. I paid $225 for it. I seem to recall that this was guide and a half, so it should have guided for $150.

OG #18 - 1988-1989

Christo_pull_hair.gif

I knew it was the 1988 guide because of the ASM #129 value. I was mid-post when I decided to look for an old thread I did.

20 minutes later...............

ASM #129 overstreet

Looking at the old ads is always a trip, especially the Fantazia Ad 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wasnt there a forum member a while back, I believe HiDeHo?

Looking at the old ads is always a trip, especially the Fantazia Ad 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wasnt there a forum member a while back, I believe HiDeHo?

HooDeeHoo?

What does he have to do with the Fantazia ad?

By the way, can you post the ad? Fantazia used to run some sick ads!!!

My bad, there was an ad from HiDeHo not HooDeeHoo tonofbricks.gif

ad.jpg

that is an awesome wall of books!!!!!!!

he ran that same exact picture from issue #16 through issue #20 and apparently NEVER sold one book in 5 years............. devil.gif