• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Archie 1

17 posts in this topic

The middle 3 wraps are missing but lets "pretend" everything is complete.

What grade do you think it might get is it was complete.

The cover is not attached. There is some color fade and some water staining. Spine has a 3/8" split at bottom and another 3/8" split by Veronica's feet. There are some other minor tears & creases but nothing major.

P1100450_zpszu51gb9a.jpg

P1100456_zpselytchd5.jpg

P1100451_zps8wm6kzwc.jpg

P1100452_zpstcfyguv2.jpg

P1100454_zpswdswtmxp.jpg

P1100453_zpsw3rjkcsq.jpg

P1100455_zpswbsmuoac.jpg

Congratulations on that acquisition. I saw the listing and made a mental note to make an offer and then just plumb forgot.

That's the upside

On the downside I don't know why but coverless Archie 1s seem more rare than they should be. First and last chance I had at one was about 20 years ago for 85 bucks and I turned it down.

But there must be some out there, somewhere

Congratulations on that acquisition. I saw the listing and made a mental note to make an offer and then just plumb forgot.

That's the upside

On the downside I don't know why but coverless Archie 1s seem more rare than they should be. First and last chance I had at one was about 20 years ago for 85 bucks and I turned it down.

But there must be some out there, somewhere

Usually when I make a "mental note" I never come back to it. When I found this auction I decided to make an offer right then and there, especially when I saw the guy wasn't a comic book dealer. I made what I consider a fairly lowball offer, and the guy went for it.

I'll say a qualified 2.0. Nice eye appeal. Colors look great!

Any chance the top and right cover edges have a slight trim? Not sure, but the front cover edges look pretty snug to the interior pages, whereas from the back it looks like the pages are fanned out a bit.

I'll say a qualified 2.0. Nice eye appeal. Colors look great!

Any chance the top and right cover edges have a slight trim? Not sure, but the front cover edges look pretty snug to the interior pages, whereas from the back it looks like the pages are fanned out a bit.

No, no trimming. It's from an original owner. Everything looks good on it in hand.