• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lowest Highest Graded Copies in the Census

70 posts in this topic

high census; 2 3.5's and a 3.0 fill out the unrestored roster.

mmen7.jpg

Graded copies of Mystery Men start getting real scarce from about 6 on (tough books in just about any grade). (shrug)

This is currently the highest universal grade copy of #10 (There are only eight in the census & two of those are restored!)...

23efddfb-1054-4c92-a191-84b66879f9f4_zpsba10ce00.jpg

Great copy of one of my favorite GA covers.

Great example!

Now the question becomes, if a book 3.0 or 4.0 grades better than any other known copy comes on the market, how do you value it? How much of a premium should it get for being so much better than any other copy:?

Cindy #37, I was just going to proudly post my #1 ranked 5.5 but figured I'd double check the census. Someone recently slabbed a 6.0! Arrggg.

Nevertheless, still fits the thread - is there a higher than 6 waiting out there to be found? Did I miss my opportunity to cash in (I know, I don't really want to sell, just sayin'...)

7162015small2.jpg

Cindy #37, I was just going to proudly post my #1 ranked 5.5 but figured I'd double check the census. Someone recently slabbed a 6.0! Arrggg.

Nevertheless, still fits the thread - is there a higher than 6 waiting out there to be found? Did I miss my opportunity to cash in (I know, I don't really want to sell, just sayin'...)

7162015small2.jpg

Really nice looking copy of a great book!

7162015small2.jpg

i'd like to have one, and one this nice would be a big bonus. also, said 6.0 is owned by a boardie.

Lowest graded but i love it all the same :)

102_5415_zps0e9e8b7b.jpg

one of my top 10 all time favorite books

I too love that one!! great book CJ.

Speaking of Wonderworld Comics and lowest highest graded #32 only has 6 total copies on the census and 3 of them happen to be 1.0's :o Wish mine presented as well as Jack's #8 but I was simply ecstatic just to find a copy

23191918222_23e0265ce0_c.jpg

7162015small2.jpg

i'd like to have one, and one this nice would be a big bonus. also, said 6.0 is owned by a boardie.

:shy:

Don't have a scan any more, but I held the high position with Daring Love 1 at 6.0 for quite a while...until the Crippen copy came out and crushed it with something in the 9's, lol