• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Wall Streeters on the boards?

100 posts in this topic

I've programmed my cd player to spit out Barry Manilow cd's.

So what's the current listening recommendation for getting this jaded-cynicism stick unjammed from my rectum? confused-smiley-013.gif

Come to think of it, someone mentioned this band "Pantera" as being easy listening or something. Maybe I'll give them a try.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I prefer: Thursday, Edgewater, or Thrice thumbsup2.gif

Emo. tongue.gif

You damn Gen Y kids and yer lousy commercial all-sounds-the-same music nowadays!! Back in my day we had real bands! Baton Rouge, Lord Tracy, Beau Nasty, Banshee, Firehouse, Jailhouse, Dangerous Toys ... you know, variety! headbang.gif

(For those of you not educated in the finer points of hair metal bands: stooges.gif)

Baton Rouge, Lord Tracy, Beau Nasty, Banshee, Firehouse, Jailhouse, Dangerous Toys ... you know, variety! headbang.gif

(For those of you not educated in the finer points of hair metal bands: stooges.gif)

Talk about some names that I thought I'd successfully purged from my brain years ago. Thanks a lot Alan. mad.gif

C'mon, show us your ticket stubs from all the Warrant and Winger concerts that you went to. poke2.gif

I've programmed my cd player to spit out Barry Manilow cd's.

So what's the current listening recommendation for getting this jaded-cynicism stick unjammed from my rectum? confused-smiley-013.gif

Come to think of it, someone mentioned this band "Pantera" as being easy listening or something. Maybe I'll give them a try.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Mudvayne will soothe what ails you. cloud9.gif

Baton Rouge, Lord Tracy, Beau Nasty, Banshee, Firehouse, Jailhouse, Dangerous Toys ... you know, variety! headbang.gif

Talk about some names that I thought I'd successfully purged from my brain years ago. Thanks a lot Alan. mad.gif

C'mon, show us your ticket stubs from all the Warrant and Winger concerts that you went to. poke2.gif

Not to mention Poison and Motley Crue..

Hold on there, you didn't have to be a total p 893censored-thumb.gify to see the Crue! 893naughty-thumb.gif

So you were the one other person who listened to those bands? I always wondered who you were! grin.gif

I shall only admit to the following: yeahok.gif

stubs.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(Upper left is the first KISS reunion....)

headbang.gifsign-offtopic.gif

Hold on there, you didn't have to be a total p 893censored-thumb.gify to see the Crue! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Yeah, well, Warrant got pretty good with "Dog Eat Dog!" And Winger's "Pull" is still one of my all-time favorite albums!

All that being said, though, John Corabi blew Vince Neil away when he was with the Crue. headbang.gif

All very cool concerts headbang.gif ... except for Queensryche. Where's the thumbs down or poseur gremlin when you need it?!
confused-smiley-013.gif

All very cool concerts headbang.gif ... except for Queensryche. Where's the thumbs down or poseur gremlin when you need it?!

mad.gif

That was back when they were doing the whole Operation: Mindcrime album live. It was kind of a required viewing for us card carrying members of the Metal Mafia. You must have missed that memo.

Besides, Suicidal Tendencies opened for them, so how bad could it have been?

(All this being said, I probably shouldn't mention how many times I saw Lillian Axe, huh? blush.gif)

Is that a Shug Knight mugshot?

Yes.

Listening to too much of what my stepson affectionately refers to as "hate rap" combined with the rantings of Bill Hicks has done strange things to my fragile little mind. insane.gif

I think it's time to switch the CDs in my car to Barry Manilow ones.

A Pedigree do you listen to underground hip hop? If so I definitely recommend Juice, he's from Chicago, and is a genuis with flows. Also try Immortal Technique, he's political but is a master lyricist...

Besides, Suicidal Tendencies opened for them, so how bad could it have been?

headbang.gif893applaud-thumb.gif The Suicides rocked, although by the 1990s they were a shell of their original thrash rock selves!