• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I just auctioned off 43 books on CLink

71 posts in this topic

And I wish Richard (MrBedrock) would enter his books in the registry. He already has the slabs and the scans but it would be great to see them all in one place.

Will you do it for me? :wishluck:

And I wish Richard (MrBedrock) would enter his books in the registry. He already has the slabs and the scans but it would be great to see them all in one place.

Yes! Let's start with your Marvel Mystery Comics. If you're serious about it, and I am, shoot me a PM and we'll work out the details.

Yes! Let's start with your Marvel Mystery Comics. If you're serious about it, and I am, shoot me a PM and we'll work out the details.

That will be awesome if it happens.

I see the entire grading process as a method to verify the nature of a book and make it much more reliable when buying/selling. At first, I did not understand why someone would pay the fees to get something slabbed only to have others crack it open. But it makes sense now because the point of the hobby is ultimately to enjoy the books ... . Some may prefer their books in slabbed form. I prefer mine raw and easily read. To each their own. Plenty of ways to enjoy the hobby and none of them are the definitive best method, as long as you have fun with it.

A nice summary.

I love the CGC registry and am appalled that some of the high posting regulars come on this very CGC chatboard and downplay slabs and brag about how few they have..

As mentioned before, there is, and this is just one example, a fabulous Superboy set currently in the registry full of useful information and great pictures! for someone,.. anyone to downplay

anything like this on this CGC sponsored site is in my opinion reprehensible.

I personally love the registry. It's by far one of my favorite features on the website. I find it easy to use. There are a few minor glitches here and there, but nothing a decent coder couldn't fix in a day or so. It's an awesome way to keep track of my collection. It's also a fantastic way to share it with other people. I love the competition aspect. I love to browsing various sets to see what's out there. I just wish that more people were religious about uploading pictures and descriptions.

True, most of the point valuables are off by a considerable margin, but who really cares? The positives outweigh the negatives.

I don't understand the hate towards slabbing, pressing, modern comics, variants, or the registry. These are all fantastic ways to bring people to the hobby. There is so much to collect and love out there. Bashing other people's collecting habits is futile. To each their own, I say.

Yes it would!!

Yes it would!!

+1

One of my most prized sets is the DD set in my sig below.

I did take it seriously and I still do. My set is ranked in 4th place. Prolly never go higher. I don't care, to me it is awesome and I'm so proud of what I accomplished.

That's an insane registry set!

(worship)

Wow.