• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
4 4

2,041 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Saw this last night with 3 other friends ( all members of this board! )

It was entertaining, and overall I enjoyed it. I am at a 6.5/10

My nitpicking:

Hide contents

Batman:

1. He used his guns far to much in my opinion and I would love to see the detective and the exceptional fighter more than the space ship like vehicles.

2. To have Bruce be the one that comes up with "lets resurrect Superman using this weird magic box" was horrible writing. He has no idea what the box is capable of and in my opinion would want nothing to do with the resurrection of a dead person. It should have been Cyborg that reveals the power the box has especially since he was created by that power. Even better: have Superman not be dead. Perhaps have a scene where they are standing by the grave of Clark together as a team and then Cyborg reveals that Clark is not dead because his sensors pick up some faint life readings. Clark isn't dead but in a state of suspended animation and the power of the box ( if we have to use that item ) can "wake him". The ground shaking at the end of BvS suggested that Superman wasn't dead to me. Use that approach. That whole resurrection scene was terrible and made as much sense as how Luthor created Doomsday in BvS which I thought was awful.

3. If you are the individual that orchestrates the recruiting of other powerful people to be a team for justice then you are the leader. Batman is the leader of this group and he would never drop that mantle on anyone - he would own it! I don't understand the purpose of the whole discussion with Diana, Batman would simply utilize her for what she is good at - combat and her desire to do what is right and good in this world. And let's see that leadership in some simple dialogue: "Diana/ Aquaman, I need you to distract Steppenwolf. Flash, get these civillians out of here. Cyborg, you and I need to separate these 3 boxes."

Steppenwolf

was an ok villain, but he needed to be fleshed out. I want to know more about why he is here to destroy the Earth - I need more than "it is what I do."

Otherwise he is a very flat one dimensional character. If the main adversary is a one dimensional character - well, then you have a flat movie.

Parademons

I dislike it when move makers feel they have to include creatures for the team to fight that is just filler. They mean nothing other than to have some easily disposed of threat for the heroes so you can have lots of scenes with fights and explosions. The Parademons were just like the "grapehead" things in Suicide Squad, or the robots in Age of Ultron. Who cares?

Some great points here. Whilst I loved the movie, I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you. Especially on the first point.

However on the last point...

Spoiler

Parademons are the soldiers of Apokolips. Where there's a Boom Tube invasion, there will be Parademons. Of course, a few Furies would've been nice.

3 minutes ago, Batman said:

Hide contents

Parademons are the soldiers of Apokolips. Where there's a Boom Tube invasion, there will be Parademons. Of course, a few Furies would've been nice.

They should have had them in the flashback battle with Granny, Vundebar, Godfrey and some of the other underlings.

A few celebrity fans.

kuyijkH.png

Including one that initially was not a Batman v Superman fan.

Kevin Smith Writes A Glowing Review Of JUSTICE LEAGUE; "There Are Moments That F***ing Made My Heart Soar"

During a recent podcast appearance, Smith revealed that he's already seen Justice League twice and that there were plenty of moments he appreciated as a fan. In fact, he seemed to love it overall! 

"I saw Justice League twice already," Smith said. "I liked it. I liked it. There's stuff in it that I really dug, stuff that I was happy, I mean it's weird this is like, I'm not going to review the movie and stuff, but these are moments that f*** made my heart soar." Smith went on to praise the flashbacks in particular.

Spoiler

"And so, they showed an alien you've never seen before, but he had a green energy and a Lantern ring. So, the idea was like f*** lanterns even back in the first age like were defenders of the galaxy and they came to earth to help. So, there is this one moment in this battle, this throwaway moment, where a f*** lantern is killed and he f*** hits the ground and all of a sudden, the ring shoots off his finger and takes off into space. Oh my god sh** like that, seeing that on the big screen after reading that in comics for so long and watching Ryan Reynolds do it once was really wonderful. So, there's moments like that that really did it for me."

Based on the portrayal of Supes in this film, I am looking forward to a MOS 2.

I hope that DC takes the next two years to build the solo films towards a JL 2 vs. Darkseid, Kalibak and everyone else. The solo films could feature each hero vs. an Injustice League member (e.g. Supes vs. Battlesuit Luthor, Batman vs. Deathstroke), but weave in some aspect of Mother Box/Apokolips lore into each film. They could do a credit trailer in each film showing a battle on distant planets that ties together showing the hordes of Apokolips winning and then end it with the final one before the JL 2 showing a battered Mr. Miracle heading into boom tube saying "I have to warn them, Darkseid is coming". 

Edited by kimik

6 minutes ago, kimik said:

I hope that DC takes the next two years to build the solo films towards a JL 2 vs. Darkseid, Kalibak and everyone else. The solo films could feature each hero vs. an Injustice League member (e.g. Supes vs. Battlesuit Luthor, Batman vs. Deathstroke), but weave in some aspect of Mother Box/Apokolips lore into each film. They could do a credit trailer in each film showing a battle on distant planets that ties together showing the hordes of Apokolips winning and then end it with the final one before the JL 2 showing a battered Mr. Miracle heading into boom tube saying "I have to warn them, Darkseid is coming". 

^ THIS.

ALL OF THIS!!!

My 6 year old daughters current favorite movie is Wonder Woman, so she saw a commercial and asked to go see "Wonder Woman part 2".  She enjoyed the Wonder Woman scenes and even clapped when Superman came back to life.  Was not the total train wreck I had envisioned.  That being said... I give it a 4 out of 10.

Who would have thought that Thor part 3 is on track to make more money than Justice League.  Crazy.

3 hours ago, The Brain said:
3 hours ago, kimik said:

^ THIS.

ALL OF THIS!!!

In addition to a couple of GLs arriving to defeat Darkseid in JL2, they should have the New Gods enter the fray as well. Maybe Orion coming in to help Supes with Darkseid?

3 hours ago, kimik said:

If they put Jesse Eisenberg in a battle suit on the big screen it will be the last DC movie made for a decade. There is no coming back from that.