• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

Only one thing really bugged me:

Spoiler

While I see your point, it could have been momentum. As they were punches and not simply grabbing flash. And it still put him out of commission, so no need to go all out. Look on the bright side, at least the flash will have someone to talk to on the morning jog. lolit got me thinking how either moves slow enough or with less strength to talk or kiss.... my minor annoyance 

6 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I suspect that this will do better in the coming days like suicide squad did. The fans have spoken and given the reviewers one star 

B+ Cinema Score, that's not great- same as SS and ASM2 for example, a tick up from BvS.  Hope springs eternal tho, still has nothing but Coco to steamroll it in the next 4 weeks.

Edited by paperheart

Deadline did an analysis of CinemaScores and the common multiples they experience.

cinemascore-box-office-table-updated-she

So a movie like Justice League with a B+ has a shot at good word-of-mouth to counter critic feedback, where a B or less drastically drops down with such results. An example recent 'B+' CinemaScore movie that excelled at the market.

84yeq1X.png

Edited by Bosco685

By the way, I didn't see anyone mention Mera yet.

Spoiler

When she threw Steppenwolf around with her powers, I thought that some fantastic powers. I didn't realize Mera was a metahuman or able to fight like that before then.

Made me want to see Aquaman more than ever. And it displayed how they were going to address the underwater speaking scenes. I had been wondering about that.

1 minute ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Now that more people have seen it...

Reveal hidden contents

Was there one or two Green Lanterns in the flashback battle? Who was the guy shooting lightning from his hands?

Spoiler

One was a Green Lantern that was killed, and his ring flew off. The other was a god joining in the battle. That's why when Steppenwolf gets run off and the allies come together, you see those huge people standing behind the humans.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Now back to your regularly scheduled 'paperheart will continue to find the DC negative' channel.

MCU Cinema Scores:

A+ = Avengers

A's = 13 Movies

A- = 3 Movies

B+ = Thor Dark World  - I see the ad tagline now "JLA, it's Cinema Score is equal to Marvel's worst movie"

You'd be more likely to get a negative critical response polling mothers that have just given birth about the looks of their newborns than you would polling fanboys who rush to see these movies on day 1

14 minutes ago, paperheart said:

MCU Cinema Scores:

A+ = Avengers

A's = 13 Movies

A- = 3 Movies

B+ = Thor Dark World  - I see the ad tagline now "JLA, it's Cinema Score is equal to Marvel's worst movie"

You'd be more likely to get a negative critical response polling mothers that have just given birth about the looks of their newborns than you would polling fanboys who rush to see these movies on day 1

Sigh...

I'm not a Marvel v. DC guy.

But I will say I thought Thor 2 was the worst Marvel flick I've seen (just behind The Incredible Hulk).

A better Apples-to-Apples comparison would be to note that Suicide Squad received a B+ CinemaScore and that movie was pants.

6 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

A better Apples-to-Apples comparison would be to note that Suicide Squad received a B+ CinemaScore and that movie was pants.

And yet because of that CinemaScore (fans critiquing a movie), the film outperformed compared to what it should have landed.

Trying to compare all Marvel movies to all DCEU movies is not always going to be a 100% match. So I agree.

Another team movie that started off a little rocky but gained fan respect.

X-Men: First Class: B+

And what is good is the movie it had to overcome that was the real comparison here within the DCEU, it did.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: B

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:
  Hide contents

One was a Green Lantern that was killed, and his ring flew off. The other was a god joining in the battle. That's why when Steppenwolf gets run off and the allies come together, you see those huge people standing behind the humans.

Right, but was he the same GL that was attacking? I thought the one attacking was human and the other one killed was alien. So that lightning guy was just some random god? I missed the huge people. Have to see it again, I guess! ?

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Just now, Chip Cataldo said:

Hide contents

Right, but was he the same GL that was attacking? I thought the one attacking was human and the one killer was alien. So that lightning guy was just some random god? I missed the huge people. Have to see it again, I guess! ?

Good excuse for a revisit.

:luhv:

Spoiler

Justice-League-Steppenwolf-Lightning.jpg

This could even be Zeus since it takes place long before the Justice League battle. From the cape and loincloth, it gives a hint of being Mediterranean.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Good excuse for a revisit.

:luhv:

Reveal hidden contents

Justice-League-Steppenwolf-Lightning.jpg

This could even be Zeus since it takes place long before the Justice League battle. From the cape and loincloth, it gives a hint of being Mediterranean.

Now freeze frame the shots of the other guys we're talking about please. ?

15 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Right, but was he the same GL that was attacking? I thought the one attacking was human and the other one killed was alien. So that lightning guy was just some random god? I missed the huge people. Have to see it again, I guess! ?

Spoiler

Haven't seen it yet, but I read somewhere yesterday that the single GL we see is Yalan Gur.