• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coverless Tec27 on CLINK

26 posts in this topic

Man, these things seem to be popping up quite a bit in 2014-2015 I think I've only seen the same one twice in the last year

Maybe so, but most of the ones I've seen are copies I already knew existed from long ago. I used to own the one on clink (got it from a dealer in Vegas in the early 90s) and it has been resold several times since I parted with it. so it's hardly come out of the woodwork.

Any guesses as to hammer price ?? Any complete copy seems to have a ground floor of about 100K , what about this one ?

Considering the Jerry Robinson copy just sold on CL for 29k, I would venture that this copy would be below that at around 25k.

Any guesses as to hammer price ?? Any complete copy seems to have a ground floor of about 100K , what about this one ?

Considering the Jerry Robinson copy just sold on CL for 29k, I would venture that this copy would be below that at around 25k.

Less.

Even in its given condition, even considering the copies recently made available, it's still a Tec #27. The Batman story is complete and it's unrestored. With as far out of reach as complete Tec #27's have become, I'd still say this book is very desirable.

I owned this copy many years ago and fwiw the outer wrap looks far worse then the rest of the book. I couldn't figure out what happened to it since it had clearly had been exposed to the point where portions of it (especially the first wrap and the edges of the next few took some exposure at some point,. but when you opened it up you would be surprised to see that it was fairly supple in the middle and at the spine and you could read it without worry it would fall apart (especially since the exposed edges had been heavily taped). This was before people knew about leaf-casting, which would have done wonders for this.

I have always wondered why certification labels never mention just what is missing from a book esp when it is miissing some back-up story that contributes nothing to its importance or value.

The way it's worded on the labels (by all the cert companies) a copy of Action 1 missing a few pages from "Scoop Scanlon" would be described using exactly the same words as a copy missing the entire Superman story.

Real collectors know how to read through the lines on this, but it would be a great step forward if they would not just say what's missing by the numbers on the pages but by what's on those pages.

I owned this copy many years ago and fwiw the outer wrap looks far worse then the rest of the book. I couldn't figure out what happened to it since it had clearly had been exposed to the point where portions of it (especially the first wrap and the edges of the next few took some exposure at some point,. but when you opened it up you would be surprised to see that it was fairly supple in the middle and at the spine and you could read it without worry it would fall apart (especially since the exposed edges had been heavily taped). This was before people knew about leaf-casting, which would have done wonders for this.

I have always wondered why certification labels never mention just what is missing from a book esp when it is miissing some back-up story that contributes nothing to its importance or value.

The way it's worded on the labels (by all the cert companies) a copy of Action 1 missing a few pages from "Scoop Scanlon" would be described using exactly the same words as a copy missing the entire Superman story.

Real collectors know how to read through the lines on this, but it would be a great step forward if they would not just say what's missing by the numbers on the pages but by what's on those pages.

totally agree with this!

Less.

$21,805

I thought there were a number of good Golden Age deals to be had tonight on Clink tonight, including the Adventure 48 6.5 that went for only $7.8K or so, and the All-Star 3 9,0R that went for only $9.6K.

Congrats to the buyers on these sales. (I imagine the sellers are a little disappointed.)