• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CREED (Rocky VII) starring Michael B. Jordan (11/25/15)

67 posts in this topic

The film is a solid 7 out of 10 as a part of the Rocky film series. An 8.5 out of 10 if I had never seen a Rocky film before. Ranks solidly in 3rd place in the Rocky Franchise.

Wow! For a franchise that should be long done after all those movies, that does say a lot how the studio determined to take a new path.

:applause:

Just left the theater and as a stand alone film this is good, but as another entry in the Rocky series I left with a few issues. The first thing that comes to mind is that this film is essentially a remake of the first film and Rocky Balboa. I would of rather of seen a Creed prequel that focused on the background and history of Apollo Creed we don't really know.

That being said good performances by Stallone, Jordan, and Rashad. A good job by Coogler of trying to give this film enough feel of its own by music, film sequences, and etc that as a person I felt I was watching Baby Creed's story through his eyes and not Rocky's eyes if Stallone was to direct, Bill Conti was to do the music, and etc.

The film is a solid 7 out of 10 as a part of the Rocky film series. An 8.5 out of 10 if I had never seen a Rocky film before. Ranks solidly in 3rd place in the Rocky Franchise.

1. Rocky

2. Rocky Balboa

3. Creed

4. Rocky II

5. Rocky III

6. Rocky IV

7. Rocky V

#1 How in god's name do you have Rocky IV after Rocky III? That is unheard of in life.

#2. You slight displeasure with the movie is my positive. No one wants to see a prequel about Creed. This way is the only way that makes sense.

#3 Glad you liked the movie though. (thumbs u

I smell some Oscars in this movie's future.

To me this movie was a 9.5/10.

Easily for me the best pure movie of the year!

As far Oscars I can see one for Phylicia Rashad as Best Supporting Actress and an outside chance for Stallone as Best Supporting Actor problem is do you give an Oscar for playing yourself.

I have seen plenty of other films this year that scream Oscars over this one that the Academy likes. It is all politically correct .

As far as Rocky IV the its the most fun of the bunch to watch, but at the same time most unbelievable and dated of the films.

You don't want to see the background and history of Apollo Creed, but I can guarantee you there are alot of people who would. The direction they went with this film was not original.

Just left the theater and as a stand alone film this is good, but as another entry in the Rocky series I left with a few issues. The first thing that comes to mind is that this film is essentially a remake of the first film and Rocky Balboa. I would of rather of seen a Creed prequel that focused on the background and history of Apollo Creed we don't really know.

That being said good performances by Stallone, Jordan, and Rashad. A good job by Coogler of trying to give this film enough feel of its own by music, film sequences, and etc that as a person I felt I was watching Baby Creed's story through his eyes and not Rocky's eyes if Stallone was to direct, Bill Conti was to do the music, and etc.

1. Rocky

2. Rocky Balboa

3. Creed

4. Rocky II

5. Rocky III

6. Rocky IV

7. Rocky V

#1 How in god's name do you have Rocky IV after Rocky III? That is unheard of in life.

#2. You slight displeasure with the movie is my positive. No one wants to see a prequel about Creed. This way is the only way that makes sense.

#3 Glad you liked the movie though. (thumbs u

I smell some Oscars in this movie's future.

To me this movie was a 9.5/10.

Easily for me the best pure movie of the year!

would have been better if they had gotten Josh Trank to direct and had cast Shia LaBeouf in the Adonis Creed role

I had low expectations for Rocky Balboa... I mean really, who didn't? I don't think the studio thought the public would have high expectations either. So, at least here in the New York City area, they were giving out free tickets and depending on word of mouth to promote the movie.

It worked... and Rocky Balboa (Rocky VI) was well received by audiences and critics alike. In my opinion it was the best sequel of the series.

Based upon the strength of Rocky Balboa, I want to see Creed.

On a side note, I want to see Creed do well for the sake of Michael B. Jordan. Guy seems incredibly likable and passionate about his work while having fun doing so. Nobody deserves the Fantastic Four (2015) movie to define a career.

Agreed. I've liked Michael B. Jordan since back when he was on The Wire.

And, unlike a lot of stars that Hollywood seems to want to push down our throats (Sam Worthington, Jai Courtney) he put in paid his dues, putting in _years_ of work on shows like The Wire & Friday Night Lights before finally headlining a movie with Fruitvale Station.

He's built up a solid resume over the last 15 years.

I feel the same way about Anthony Mackie -- yeah, dude got hot with The Hurt Locker, but he'd already put in solid work years earlier in films like 8 Mile, Million Dollar Baby & We Are Marshall.

And forget Civil War, I can't _wait_ to see Mackie do his thing in Triple 9.

Riveting,mesmerizing and spectacular.

Very emotional. It made me tear up many times.

I dare say this might be one of the best movies made of all-time.

Creed is why we go to the movies.

you need to get out more and stop watching ASM2 on a continuous loop

:grin:

I saw the movie tonight and it's an 8/10. I like Rocky and Rocky Balboa a bit more. Fun to watch and brought back a ton of memories. The final fight sequence was unpredictable.

I think I only watched that twice.

Honestly,most super hero movies-tv shows don't do it for me anymore. I lost interest in most of them for some reason. :o

Other than Netflix Daredevil,GOTG and Captain America: Winter Soldier it's been awhile that one stood out.

I am glad though they are still pulling in big world wide box office and new fans.

Kubrick, Hitchcock, Welles best efforts are nothing against Creed.

Great classic stuff by great classic directors,but Creed is something modern special. Don't label by past Rocky movies. This one is something different.

The two best movies I seen this year are Creed and Straight Outta Compton.

As a big Rocky fan I thought the movie was really good. Pleasantly surprised and unlike Rocky Balboa I didn't go into this movie with low expectations.

My Rocky Order of Awesome

Rocky IV

Rocky I

Rocky III

Creed

Rocky II

Rocky Balboa

Rocky V (the movie we don't speak of)

I don't deny it's entertaining, it probably is. However to say it's one of the greatest films ever made? That's a bit much even for you.
Dude. It's that good. I am also a guy whose favorite movies are Casablanca,Citizen Kane and Schindler's List.

I don't remember a modern movie that has been as good as Creed in a long time.

It totally surprised me. I had zero expectations.

Everybody arguing over what big blockbuster superhero movie will be cool when I bet none will deliver like Creed just did.

Remember that "Rocky" not only beat out Taxi Driver and Network to win Best Picture, but it also won best editing and director for Stallone. AND it's voted 4th best Inspiring Film of all time by AFI.

Haven't seen Creed, but it's on my list.

Check out the Stallone auction catalogue on Heritage. If you are a Rocky fan, there are some amazing items to bid on. The original handwritten -script, the hand painted Rocky and Creed banners from the original Rocky, Drago and Creeds' outfits from Rocky 4. Amazing stuff.

Wow! Quite the review. So it was okay?

:whee: