• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potential Stolen Graded Book

13 posts in this topic

Keep your eyes out for a copy of Fantastic Four #36, CGC 7.5.

I ordered the book on October 25th , 2015 from Canada. Tracking shows that the book was delivered on November 2nd, but I never received it. I also work from home and was here all day. The doorbell never rang and I never saw a package. I've been in contact with the seller and he's been helpful. I've also opened a case with the post office and they insist that it was delivered.

So on the chance that someone stole the book right off my porch before I was able to check for it, I wanted to post a link to the auction along with the CGC number. That way if it turns up anywhere, or any one happens to see it, something can be done about it.

If anyone here has any other ideas, I'm all ears. I've already opened a case through eBay. Thanks for reading!

Edit: Worth noting I live in the Kent, Washington area, about 20 minutes from Seattle, near Tacoma, Tukwilla, Bellevue, etc.

Link to auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-36-CGC-7-5-/301772115492?nma=true&si=WX8AbaNCLHmQWgAleAnq7WkZdzw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

CGC Number: 1258915001

you paid via paypal? --

if so, seller should have shipped with signature delivery

No sig - on them - file a claim with paypal - also ask PO for proof of signature (they are supposed to ask for ID when doing this).

paypal --- with no signature proof ---- will side with you

I'm the "owner" of stolencomic.com - if you add it there I will get it up right away

Also, I would let all the local comic stores know about it - because odds are someone taking a shipment 1) doesn't know whats inside the box and 2) knows little about comics and 3) will probably try to sell it at a place that does

Anyway thats what happened to me which is why I started the website.. - and it was a FF 48 and was successfully recovered in that way.

you paid via paypal? --

No sig - on them - file a claim with paypal - also ask PO for proof of signature (they are supposed to ask for ID when doing this).

Signature is not required for that value of purchase. Section 11.4 in their terms. This is likely a case where paypal will eat the cost of the item as by the sounds of it the seller followed the requirements: Ship the book with tracking

Buyer followed the requirements:

pay for the book with paypal goods and services

I'm the "owner" of stolencomic.com - if you add it there I will get it up right away

Also, I would let all the local comic stores know about it - because odds are someone taking a shipment 1) doesn't know whats inside the box and 2) knows little about comics and 3) will probably try to sell it at a place that does

Anyway thats what happened to me which is why I started the website.. - and it was a FF 48 and was successfully recovered in that way.

Awesome, this is great to know! I just registered and submitted a post. Thanks so much for the help!

you paid via paypal? --

Signature is not required for that value of purchase. Section 11.4 in their terms. This is likely a case where paypal will eat the cost of the item as by the sounds of it the seller followed the requirements: Ship the book with tracking

Yeah, I've heard both sides of this. I actually don't know whose side this would land on, especially if USPS says it was delivered.

you paid via paypal? --

ugh - SORRY ---- limit is 750,,,,,, for some reason- I though it was 250

Sorry to hear that you've had another run of bad luck, after the slab-in-a-mailbox incident. For what it's worth, I'll help keep an eye out on eBay and other sites. The book does have some distinguishing features, so even if they crack it out of the slab it could still be spotted.

By the way, I love your MTG videos/streams :)

you paid via paypal? --

ugh - SORRY ---- limit is 750,,,,,, for some reason- I though it was 250

It changed within the last couple years.

Sorry to hear that you've had another run of bad luck, after the slab-in-a-mailbox incident. For what it's worth, I'll help keep an eye out on eBay and other sites. The book does have some distinguishing features, so even if they crack it out of the slab it could still be spotted.

By the way, I love your MTG videos/streams :)

Hahaha, thanks! :D Yeah, after Iron Man, this was kind of a rough beat, but these are the only two issues I've had in all of my collecting, so that's good at least.