• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sellers who use "CGC it" in their ebay listings: please stop. Please.

30 posts in this topic

Is it a matter of not being able to see slabs in a pool of raws?

Because you can always search for CGC slabs by putting in keyword/phrases like:

-"CGC it"

-"CGC ready"

Just those two alone should remove most of the raws.

What bugs me is when they put "Wow". Do they think that if they post Wow then I'll think it's a real treasure to check out?

You might not…but some unsuspecting newbie in the comic collecting hobby may see that and think it is a good deal.

Kinda like a check my girlfriend got in the mail today. It was a real check for $1300 but it was one of those "loan checks" that has a 60+% APR. Those companies mail them out hoping to catch someone not realizing what it is or someone desperate enough for money to cash it.

What bugs me is when they put "Wow". Do they think that if they post Wow then I'll think it's a real treasure to check out?

You might not…but some unsuspecting newbie in the comic collecting hobby may see that and think it is a good deal.

Kinda like a check my girlfriend got in the mail today. It was a real check for $1300 but it was one of those "loan checks" that has a 60+% APR. Those companies mail them out hoping to catch someone not realizing what it is or someone desperate enough for money to cash it.

Well that's certainly something I hadn't thought of. Now I'm just that much more irritated by it. lol

Also 'lot' for single books. Please. I am begging you.

This

An auction "lot" can refer to one item or more within the listing. It is how the terminology is used.

This "lot" is for one single copy of Action Comics 687.

Especially if used to distinguish between the same seller offering multiple listings of a similar item in another lot.

This "lot" is for three copies of Action Comics 688.

I do not use it myself but I see it frequently and it is within the boundaries of perfectly acceptable.

They are hoping to snag people looking for world of warcraft