• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DK III The Master Race by Frank Miller, Brian Azzarello, Janson, Kubert

86 posts in this topic

The last one was such a pile of drek that I couldn't even finish the 2nd issue after several attempts.The praise coming from the SJW reviewers already has me rolling my eyes, but between Miller and Azarello it's still gotta be worth picking up. Sure it's being overprinted to death and will have plenty of time to get a copy

Events that matter only come around every so often.

Not for this book......

What do you mean ?

I guess the fact that comic books can be good for reading them and enjoying the story and not just their resale value is lost on him.

I'm really looking forward to reading this one. On a side note, my boss surprised me this morning, because he was very excited to mention that he's picking up a copy tomorrow. Mind you, my boss is not an avid comic book reader.

The last one was such a pile of drek that I couldn't even finish the 2nd issue after several attempts.The praise coming from the SJW reviewers already has me rolling my eyes, but between Miller and Azarello it's still gotta be worth picking up. Sure it's being overprinted to death and will have plenty of time to get a copy

I gave DK2 another shot a few weeks ago and found it to be surprisingly good. It's widely panned but if you read it through in one shot its not bad.

Events that matter only come around every so often.

Not for this book......

What do you mean ?

I guess the fact that comic books can be good for reading them and enjoying the story and not just their resale value is lost on him.

I'm really looking forward to reading this one. On a side note, my boss surprised me this morning, because he was very excited to mention that he's picking up a copy tomorrow. Mind you, my boss is not an avid comic book reader.

Got it. Your boss picked a good one to jump in on. (thumbs u

I'm coming out of the closet to say I liked DK2 as well. What I would have liked better and what I believe would have improved the book would have been to keep the art style exactly the same as DK1. Mainly the coloring by Varley.

I loved the Flash scenes and how Captain Marvel went out like a champ. And Green Lantern closing his fist around the planet to take out Luthors satelites was awesome.

yeah, a lot of creative and epic things happened in DK2. I agree, the sparse layouts with the bold coloring was distracting. but the story itself isn't as bad as people make it out to be.