• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DK III The Master Race by Frank Miller, Brian Azzarello, Janson, Kubert

86 posts in this topic

I had pretty low expectations. As such, I'm not entirely disappointed. I'll buy the next issue. Not a chance of me buying any of those variants though...

There are various variants and exclusives I'd be happy to own, but the only one I shelled out money for was the Gab Dell'Otto b&w exclusive for Bulletproof Comix.

Gab also did the art for their Batman TMNT #1 exclusive that is pretty sweet.

Sooooo, as far as the story goes....

I've read the first issue and it pains me to say, I'm not impressed. Just typing this hurts. WWe'll see how the story plays out, but thus far so-so. Pizz on all of the various covers, I want a great story. Maybe I'm in the minority.

Nope. I couldn't care less about the covers/variants bs. I'll buy the 10th prints if it's a great read. If not...

Anyone have trouble finding a decent copy of the non-variant cover? My shop only had 2 that weren't damaged out of the box. Tough black cover, with an insert. It looked like most had production lines around the bottom staple.

So this title is out. Is it any good?

Wasn't bad. I actually liked it. It was more of a setup/introductory issue though so it could go either way. Greatness or mediocrity.

I thought it was pretty decent as well. Thought Azzarello and Kubert did a pretty nice job of paying homage to the original stuff without totally copying it.

Better than I expected it to be, so I'll buy #2.