• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman 62 cover - get your bets in

165 posts in this topic

Gene

I'm 100% stuck in the 20th century and I dont dig golf so my chances of not bogeying a par one would be awfully slim.

Based on your description Im left to guess we are talking about the creator of a popular tv show featuring the odd encounter with the undead?

Gene

I'm 100% stuck in the 20th century and I dont dig golf so my chances of not bogeying a par one would be awfully slim.

Based on your description Im left to guess we are talking about the creator of a popular tv show featuring the odd encounter with the undead?

^^

Yeah, no multimedia baron is going to be buying the complete story to some niche indie title like this unless they are relatively young and work in comics themselves. Based on Felix's description, that pretty much left only one viable candidate.

My guess, Zuckerberg.

He doesn't seem to be the kind of guy to have the patience to read a full comic book story, let alone become enough of a fan where he would care to seek out Felix and James Harren to buy his art.

And, given that he just pledged to give 99% of his wealth away, I'd say his personality couldn't be less suited to this hobby. lol

My guess, Zuckerberg.

He doesn't seem to be the kind of guy to have the patience to read a full comic book story, let alone become enough of a fan where he would care to seek out Felix and James Harren to buy his art.

And, given that he just pledged to give 99% of his wealth away, I'd say his personality couldn't be less suited to this hobby. lol

Gene, I read the paperwork - the new foundation is going to spend all $45 billion on comic artwork. Which means they should be able to get the ASM 62 cover. If not, there's an "underbidders" thread where they'll have a pretty good story to tell.

My guess, Zuckerberg.

Gene, I read the paperwork - the new foundation is going to spend all $45 billion on comic artwork. Which means they should be able to get the ASM 62 cover. If not, there's an "underbidders" thread where they'll have a pretty good story to tell.

You haven't lost a step, I don't care what the others say. Ancient One.

[

I have just planted the idea that the ASM 62 will go for $45 billion. I am expecting at least a nice fruitcake from the Cabal this Christmas.

[

I have just planted the idea that the ASM 62 will go for $45 billion. I am expecting at least a nice fruitcake from the Cabal this Christmas.

That's a reasonable expectation, as long as there's no opportunity between now and then to pump and dump the fruitcake market.

I see you guys are hip to The Cabal's indoctrination technique of asking for absurd prices so many times that merely stupid prices seem acceptable not long after. Kind of like how ubiquitous $65-$75K price tags at the NYCC can lead to a Logan's Run cover selling for $27K a month later. :insane:

If only there was some clever appellation we could attach to this phenomenon. hm

It's certainly a curiosity for those of us not quick-stepping up the ramp. But real people are going to lose real money or at least opportunity cost as they sit on overpriced hogs for years and years while the market is catching up. And if it's newbies, we may lose the opportunity to collectively help nourish and curate their interest along if they get smoked, figure it out, and walk away in complete disgust.

I see you guys are hip to The Cabal's indoctrination technique of asking for absurd prices so many times that merely stupid prices seem acceptable not long after. Kind of like how ubiquitous $65-$75K price tags at the NYCC can lead to a Logan's Run cover selling for $27K a month later. :insane:

If only there was some clever appellation we could attach to this phenomenon. hm

I'm not as shocked as the rest of you by the Logan's run price. Had it pegged at 15 due to the great image and thanos association. 27 was a surprise but we've seen bigger shocks than that...

I'm not as shocked as the rest of you by the Logan's run price. Had it pegged at 15 due to the great image and thanos association. 27 was a surprise but we've seen bigger shocks than that...

So, something going 80% higher than you expected doesn't shock you? :makepoint:

Not anymore :gossip:

I'm too busy being shocked at the JLA cover going for triple my estimate last time I looked :o

Seriously though stuff going for double estimate happens ('half' happens too once in a while..). Triple and quadruple is where the shock really sets in, at least for me

I'm too busy being shocked at the JLA cover going for triple my estimate last time I looked :o

Seriously though stuff going for double estimate happens ('half' happens too once in a while..). Triple and quadruple is where the shock really sets in, at least for me

...and yet I find it easier to swallow the price for the Perez than the Logan's Run cover. $50K or whatever does not seem too absurd for a classic Perez JLA cover, whereas $27K for a Gulacy Logan's Run cover is too much for words to explain. (shrug)

...and yet I find it easier to swallow the price for the Perez than the Logan's Run cover. $50K or whatever does not seem too absurd for a classic Perez JLA cover, whereas $27K for a Gulacy Logan's Run cover is too much for words to explain. (shrug)

its not "a" logan's run cover, its "the" logan's run cover :insane:

Or, if you prefer:

They are both nuts, therefore the one that is cheaper in absolute terms is the least absurd.

Besides, calling it a logan's run cover (only) is disingenuous. Put that same cover on issue #3 and it goes for 10-12 tops. If that?

Its the fact that the thanos story was in that book that made for a scrap over the cover. Even if they are buying it "because Gulacy" the thanos story is really the only reason people saw/ sought out/ were familiar with the cover in its printed form and therefore now want the original.

I remember that cover distinctly. All the rest? I'd need a lot of help from google.