• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman 62 cover - get your bets in

165 posts in this topic

The gn is 1st yeah

I forgot about that

GN # 4 if my memory is correct

Yeah. IIRC, that cover showed up on eBay a long time ago (like in the 2003-05 timeframe). Not sure who nabbed that one. It's nice, but the #1 cover is the one that sticks out for me in all its pen & ink glory (the GN #4 cover is in color).

$179,250.

There is a concerted effort by The CabalTM to keep escalating the price of these Silver Age covers, particularly twice-up covers. A twice-up Spidey cover - ANY twice-up Spidey cover - only selling for $90-$110K would dent the credibility of Cabal-originated notions that any twice-up Spidey cover is now $250K-plus, as well as undermine the effort to get all small art Romita ASM covers and most Marvel twice-up superhero covers in general (regardless of artist) to the 6-figure level. And, even though people are used to paying up for the better pieces, it wouldn't help Cabal-made claims that certain twice-up covers are worth high-six and even 7-figures if lesser examples are selling for far less than where they claim the market is.

This is not a great Spidey cover, but The Cabal will support the market and get it up to the mid-$100Ks at a bare minimum, if not high-$100Ks/very low $200Ks, in order to protect their interests elsewhere.*

*I may have embellished what it is going on a little bit, but how far from the truth is it, really? hm

Shill-gate may be over, but The CabalTM strikes again!

...Its a free country and he can buy the page if he wants to. As long as the money he's shelling out is as green as anyone else's, and as long as there are no shenanigans, that's not a price fix. Is it maintaining values at a certain level - yes it is. But not by way of collusion, and that's an important distinction and the implication that people likely disagree with.

Man o' man. Talk about a conversation that has so much more context post-January. Not just my quote of you, so many others above and below in this thread too ;)

Can I borrow your time machine

$179,250.

There is a concerted effort by The CabalTM to keep escalating the price of these Silver Age covers, particularly twice-up covers. A twice-up Spidey cover - ANY twice-up Spidey cover - only selling for $90-$110K would dent the credibility of Cabal-originated notions that any twice-up Spidey cover is now $250K-plus, as well as undermine the effort to get all small art Romita ASM covers and most Marvel twice-up superhero covers in general (regardless of artist) to the 6-figure level. And, even though people are used to paying up for the better pieces, it wouldn't help Cabal-made claims that certain twice-up covers are worth high-six and even 7-figures if lesser examples are selling for far less than where they claim the market is.

This is not a great Spidey cover, but The Cabal will support the market and get it up to the mid-$100Ks at a bare minimum, if not high-$100Ks/very low $200Ks, in order to protect their interests elsewhere.*

*I may have embellished what it is going on a little bit, but how far from the truth is it, really? hm

Shill-gate may be over, but The CabalTM strikes again!

WOW! Right on target!

Gene,

Can I borrow your time machine?