• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman 62 cover - get your bets in

165 posts in this topic

Too volatile to predict so I'll apply a large contingency and say: 125K +/- 50K ?

: meh

Its called predicting not sitting on the fence :baiting:

Trust me I want to say 150-250k as well, but pick a single number gents... :rulez:

Nice main image. Zero backgrounds. $185k.

Good point re lack of backgrounds.

No backgrounds is a fair point. That said, I like the image as such a nice example of capturing the zeitgeist of the 1960s in a clean way, what with the S&M feminism angle and all. I wonder if that was Romita's intent when he drew that image. I would love to ask him that question.

The lack of backgrounds make the figure work stand out more, especially with the locks of Medusa's hair flying round (the effects of which would likely have been lost if background details had been added).

The lack of backgrounds make the figure work stand out more, especially with the locks of Medusa's hair flying round (the effects of which would likely have been lost if background details had been added).

Hey I think it's great for the simple poster styling, same as the Adams GL, but fanboys love a mess of "stuff" throughout ala ASM98 :)

I guess you get more "attaboys" that way or something??

Hey I think it's great for the simple poster styling, same as the Adams GL, but fanboys love a mess of "stuff" throughout ala ASM98 :)

I guess you get more "attaboys" that way or something??

lol

Too volatile to predict so I'll apply a large contingency and say: 125K +/- 50K ?

: meh

Its called predicting not sitting on the fence :baiting:

Trust me I want to say 150-250k as well, but pick a single number gents... :rulez:

$129,354.86

I was just about to guess that!

my ability to predict prices on this level piece is 0%. I am certain it will be over $40k and thats as far as I can go given that will be my max bid

hahaha well said (thumbs u

$179,250.

There is a concerted effort by The CabalTM to keep escalating the price of these Silver Age covers, particularly twice-up covers. A twice-up Spidey cover - ANY twice-up Spidey cover - only selling for $90-$110K would dent the credibility of Cabal-originated notions that any twice-up Spidey cover is now $250K-plus, as well as undermine the effort to get all small art Romita ASM covers and most Marvel twice-up superhero covers in general (regardless of artist) to the 6-figure level. And, even though people are used to paying up for the better pieces, it wouldn't help Cabal-made claims that certain twice-up covers are worth high-six and even 7-figures if lesser examples are selling for far less than where they claim the market is.

This is not a great Spidey cover, but The Cabal will support the market and get it up to the mid-$100Ks at a bare minimum, if not high-$100Ks/very low $200Ks, in order to protect their interests elsewhere.*

*I may have embellished what it is going on a little bit, but how far from the truth is it, really? hm

$179,250.

There is a concerted effort by The CabalTM to keep escalating the price of these Silver Age covers, particularly twice-up covers. A twice-up Spidey cover - ANY twice-up Spidey cover - only selling for $90-$110K would dent the credibility of Cabal-originated notions that any twice-up Spidey cover is now $250K-plus, as well as undermine the effort to get all small art Romita ASM covers and most Marvel twice-up superhero covers in general (regardless of artist) to the 6-figure level. And, even though people are used to paying up for the better pieces, it wouldn't help Cabal-made claims that certain twice-up covers are worth high-six and even 7-figures if lesser examples are selling for far less than where they claim the market is.

This is not a great Spidey cover, but The Cabal will support the market and get it up to the mid-$100Ks at a bare minimum, if not high-$100Ks/very low $200Ks, in order to protect their interests elsewhere.*

*I may have embellished what it is going on a little bit, but how far from the truth is it, really? hm

Is Oleg part of The Cabal? I need to know. If he is, then I agree with your number, if he is not then we could have a bidding war.

:gossip: my guess is 85,000+BP.