• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta Famous Funnies

102 posts in this topic

In my experience I would say the order of difficulty in finding these books in nice shape from easiest to hardest would be 210, 209, 214, 211, 212, 216, 213, and 215.

I look forward to your thoughts on my favorite set of books and hopefully will see scans or photos of other copies in your collections.

Ken

FF%20GROUP_zpsh8bkhz3x.jpg

Yes, these are some absolutely beautiful copies which you guys have displayed so far. (thumbs u

The first time I ever saw this run on display was in the window of the LCS back in the 80's. A nice high grade set at something like less than $200 a pop. Obviously, I was a total insufficiently_thoughtful_person and passed on them as they sat in the window for awhile before some astute buyer snapped them all up. doh!

Did not repeat this same mistake several years later when I saw the file copies from Overstreet's personal collection in the Diamond Galleries vault after their grand opening. Absolutely pristine copies and it would indeed appeared that the later ones were probably tougher to find as issues #213, #214, and #216 were missing from the run, while issue #215 was slightly lower grade as it exhibited some spine ticks.

Took me a few more years to complete the run with #216 being the last one which I had to pick up. Love the red planet cover on issue #214 as it almost 3-D like and pops out at you when in HG condition. :cloud9:

In my experience I would say the order of difficulty in finding these books in nice shape from easiest to hardest would be 210, 209, 214, 211, 212, 216, 213, and 215.

I look forward to your thoughts on my favorite set of books and hopefully will see scans or photos of other copies in your collections.

Ken

FF%20GROUP_zpsh8bkhz3x.jpg

Yes, these are some absolutely beautiful copies which you guys have displayed so far. (thumbs u

The first time I ever saw this run on display was in the window of the LCS back in the 80's. A nice high grade set at something like less than $200 a pop. Obviously, I was a total insufficiently_thoughtful_person and passed on them as they sat in the window for awhile before some astute buyer snapped them all up. doh!

Did not repeat this same mistake several years later when I saw the file copies from Overstreet's personal collection in the Diamond Galleries vault after their grand opening. Absolutely pristine copies and it would indeed appeared that the later ones were probably tougher to find as issues #213, #214, and #216 were missing from the run, while issue #215 was slightly lower grade as it exhibited some spine ticks.

Took me a few more years to complete the run with #216 being the last one which I had to pick up. Love the red planet cover on issue #214 as it almost 3-D like and pops out at you when in HG condition. :cloud9:

I would love to see scans or photos of these if you still have them.

Ken