• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta Famous Funnies

102 posts in this topic

Stunning. I have seen some of these in the flesh and they are even more beautiful than the pics as the overhead lights bounce off the deep rich colors. And then he opens the covers and it gets better still - Ken really holds the line on the interiors.

Thanks for sharing buddy! (worship)

Particularly amazing copies of an always amazing set of books.

I still think Buster Crabbe #5 should be considered part of the set, though.

Buster_Crabbe_05_zps3xcqxybi.jpg

OK, it's actually a couple years earlier. But Buster Crabbe did play Buck Rogers in the serial, and it is a SF cover.

Awesome books guys!! I agree, the Buster Crabbe 5 should be considered part of the run - and would also be considered the toughest in the run to acquire by miles.

The closest I can come is this portfolio. I believe these were re-colored by Frazetta from the originals and released by Russ. Whle still beautiful and captivating, several of the images, in my opinion, had more interesting color schemes in their comic book incarnations. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

FRAZETTA1.jpg

Thanks guys. 213 is my favorite cover as well.

I think 213 is a favorite of many

Wish I could have afforded this cover a few years back

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/frank-frazetta-original-cover-art-for-famous-funnies-213-eastern-color-1953-a-true-example-of-why-frank-frazetta-is-c/a/802-6710.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Thanks guys. 213 is my favorite cover as well.

I think 213 is a favorite of many

Wish I could have afforded this cover a few years back

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/frank-frazetta-original-cover-art-for-famous-funnies-213-eastern-color-1953-a-true-example-of-why-frank-frazetta-is-c/a/802-6710.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

:gossip: It's hanging in Mr. B's bathroom.

I was trying to put the run of Frazetta Famous Funnies and got to needing only 2 of them when I got frustrated trying to get a quality 214 and sold them.

This is all I have left of the Famous Funnies and it is going to a new home very soon:

FamousFunnies212_zps86e7ebf8.jpg

I had several other Frazetta books like you other guys have posted, strangely absent from your collections is this beauty:

Beware10CGC65A_zpsj6auysoa.jpg

I was trying to put the run of Frazetta Famous Funnies and got to needing only 2 of them when I got frustrated trying to get a quality 214 and sold them.

This is all I have left of the Famous Funnies and it is going to a new home very soon:

:banana: Thanks to Karl, I will have 214, 215 and 216 left to finish the run. Although it looks like I should also locate a WSF 29 and Buster Crabbe 5 based on this thread.

:banana: Thanks to Karl, I will have 214, 215 and 216 left to finish the run. Although it looks like I should also locate a WSF 29 and Buster Crabbe 5 based on this thread.

I think you should definitely locate those as well, except for Buster Crabbe 5, which you should hold off on until I find a copy.

Ken