• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Already Sold through pm!

63 posts in this topic

Anyway, I hope that these dealers are legit and that the the upmost integrity is being upheld in these cases, because if dirtbags "are" snaking books from others on these boards then here's hoping the black ball of karma sets things right!

so have a nice day, before someone pm's it away from you!

;)

Anyway, I hope that these dealers are legit and that the the upmost integrity is being upheld in these cases, because if dirtbags "are" snaking books from others on these boards then here's hoping the black ball of karma sets things right!

so have a nice day, before someone pm's it away from you!

I understand the concern, Wally...really, I do. I just think that the proposed solutions (e.g., not "allowing" PM buys to prevail, or asking for "proof") are worse than the problem.

Of course there will be some douchebaggery, but I don't see a better solution than just relying on karma, and moving on to the next book.

During the last VCC the instant the convention opened I had 3 PM's for the same book. The time stamps were all within 2 seconds of each other.

I also stated in my VCC thread that because I was at work during the opening few hours I wouldn't be able to reply to PM's until later that day. I also was not able to modify my thread until I got home much later.

There has to be trust, circumstances are not always ideal.

+1 Artboy.

I used to honor thread over PM, but the idea that buyers may want to remain private makes good sense to me so I changed my rules to first unconditional I'll take it via thread OR PM gets the item.

I had a 3G phone until this past weekend and it would out at work...I could not respond to PMs in a timely manner there for a while. It happens.

It is not "just a comic book" to me...it is a transaction between two people and that is important to me but sometimes I am busy when someone sends a PM to buy something.

I'm curious what books have been "scooped" away to cause such ire and frustration. :sumo:

Or if its the "flippable deals" that people are missing out on.

I know when I've sold I just update the thread ASAP as a book sells via pm. I've had a few of the :takeit: dramas both in selling and in buying but it all works out in the end. A few bloody noses and no one the wiser. :lol:

Actually first time stamp wins and rulz...clearly stated solves most problems.

I have, on occasion, felt that people have put books up for sale at a price and when they get a :takeit: too fast, get sellers remorse and fall back upon the sold via PM excuse. If that is true, it sucks and the people should be outed. How to verify a sale is the sticky wicket in the situation.

Personally I never do :takeit: in my threads because many times I negotiate through PM with repeat buyers who I know and trust. I have had my items BIN'd before but had done offer/counter offers via PM that were not responded too yet. I'd like to give that person a chance to respond to my counter offer as they had spoken to me first just as a courtesy. You can't please everyone so this seems like the only fair way to do it from my perspective.

Yeah just get over it man, not worth the burden. It's fair to say that the item should be sold to whichever way the item was bought first whether through PM or publicly. First dibs pretty much.

Not everyone here wants to make their purchases known publicly especially for expensive items.