• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Already Sold through pm!

63 posts in this topic

A response that is becoming more common in the sales threads

to "I'll Take it" posts in threads...

Is it just me or should there be a standard rule throughout the boards where "I'll take it's"

in the thread over ride any deal any where else???

This is getting beyond frustrating!

:frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

A response that is becoming more common in the sales threads

to "I'll Take it" posts in threads...

Is it just me or should there be a standard rule throughout the boards where "I'll take it's"

in the thread over ride any deal any where else???

This is getting beyond frustrating!

:frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

IMO, no. Many buyers wish to remain anonymous, and purchase via PM.

Why shouldn't people be able to buy anonymously or negotiate through PMs?
Sure but if someone posts the :takeit: before the thread has been updated it creates problems. One of the risks you take when you haggle. Send off an offer of 10% less, before the guy can respond someone else pays full price.

That is certainly an option. The sellers should post specifically what criteria they use. Traditionally :takeit: trumps all so if someone has different criteria then it should be clarified in the sales post to prevent this type of frustration. 2c

Sure but if someone posts the :takeit: before the thread has been updated it creates problems. One of the risks you take when you haggle. Send off an offer of 10% less, before the guy can respond someone else pays full price.

Of course there is a risk of negotiating. That doesn't mean an I'll take it via PM should be trumped.

PM sales are not always due to haggling.... some folks just don't want the entire world to know what they're buying. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...maybe I'm more used to it because I used to buy through the mail from printed lists..... sometimes the book had already sold.

Just put it this way a dealer can sell any way he wants, but it supa-sucks when

you post an "I'll take it" and the seller tells you hours later that the book was already sold!

I mean, what a waste of :censored: time!

:tonofbricks:

.....it can be disappointing..... I once had just made a deal via PM (for time payments) only to have it scooped out in the thread a few minutes later and before the thread could be updated :pullhair: .... so it goes both ways. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a frend of jesus) (thumbs u

I just sold my AF15 by pm, there was no haggling. I've sold lots of books by pm with no haggling and I buy lots of stuff the same way.

I don't like putting a sign in my door saying I have valuable stuff here...so I expect others might not want to, either.

As for the delay in letting you know, that's disappointing for sure, esp if it's something you really wanted, but not everyone can stay hooked up to the computer 24/7, even if they try to be available as much as possible, stuff happens.

I think the seller should be obligated to show the pm if a take it in the thread is overruled. Put it in the rules. This way seller doesn't look like any funny business has occurred and the pm buyer knows that it might be made public if necessary. My 2c

I think the seller should be obligated to show the pm if a take it in the thread is overruled.

I disagree.

Funny business? :D Who cares? You say you want to buy the book, and the seller tells you...sorry, it already sold before I could update the thread. Get over it...it's just a comic book. You didn't have it yesterday, and you don't have it today...move on.

You want to say...'prove it...prove you already sold that book'? No thanks to that kind of culture. 2c

To avoid disappointment, don't assume a book is yours until the seller confirms that it's yours. Simple as that.

In some of my sales threads, half of the sales or more are done via private messages. Some buyers wish to remain anonymous. One of my best long-time customers has never posted on the Boards, as he doesn't want to deal with any of the nonsense the rest of us put up with. Some wish to use time payments by a schedule we negotiate via private message. Some ask me for detailed descriptions of the condition and flaws, or for information on the back covers before they're willing to commit to buying.

So long as it is made clear up front that the first unconditional 'take it' posted either in the thread or in a pm wins a comic, this strikes me as being the most reasonable and accommodating sales policy possible. And no, I will not post any of the private messages, since that would mean they'd no longer be private.

I think the seller should be obligated to show the pm if a take it in the thread is overruled.

I disagree.

Funny business? :D Who cares? You say you want to buy the book, and the seller tells you...sorry, it already sold before I could update the thread. Get over it...it's just a comic book. You didn't have it yesterday, and you don't have it today...move on.

You want to say...'prove it...prove you already sold that book'? No thanks to that kind of culture. 2c

To avoid disappointment, don't assume a book is yours until the seller confirms that it's yours. Simple as that.

You forgot to quote the part about putting in the rules (shrug)

PM sales are not always due to haggling.... some folks just don't want the entire world to know what they're buying. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...maybe I'm more used to it because I used to buy through the mail from printed lists..... sometimes the book had already sold.

That's fine too, but same result. If someone in the thread responds before the thread is updated it creates problems. Happened to me before in a sale, I felt really bad. Especially because I don't sell on here often. So since then I made it clear thread sales take priority, and I try to update the thread if I have a private sale asap, and encourage people who send me PM's to claim their sales in the thread if they can as well.

I disagree.

I agree

I have a couple buyers who positively don't want any of their business conducted openly. Why would I jeopardize their business to satisfy someone else?

One buyer doesn't even post here at all. He does all his business via PM.

Different strokes for different folks.