• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most memorable Christmas gift you received as a child?

109 posts in this topic

For me, it was Christmas of 1984. My mom and dad gave me a Super Powers Batmobile. I've always been a voracious reader, and they also got me the huge John Jakes hardcover book Love and War, set in the civil war. The kicker was I could only keep one. Obviously, I chose to keep the Batmobile. It is still in mint condition, and is on display next to its original box in my comic room.

Toss up between the NES, Omega Supreme (Transformers), or a skate board.

I just got a huge stack of pictures from when I was a kid. Specifically to see the toys I got as a kid. So far none are the main gifts I remember. Actually some stuff I didn't remember like a HUGE Wrestling Ring for WWE.

Patrick

Man such a great visit down memory lane reading everyone's posts. One memory that comes to mind, that hasn't been mentioned, was in 1976 I believ and the year I received a few of the Big Jim P.A.C.K figures, the Whip and Warpath. I already had Big Jim and Dr. Steel, but these two new guys were the so cool! I played with them by the hour. Another year, when I was starting to be "too old" to be playing with toys according to some standards, but was obsessed with Masters of the Universe in the early 1980s, I received Castle Grayskull. I had collected Mego, GI Joe, Big Jim, and Star Wars, and finished up with the He Man collection. Castle Grayskull under the tree was just awesome, and I am thankful to my parents that they continued to indulge that side of me. :cloud9:

But for my Mego collection, that I left in a motel "asleep" in one of the drawers (which when I realized and Dad drove 30 minutes back to get them, they were already gone forever), and a few other action figures that were buried in the backyard during battles and unable to be located later due to effective burying, I kept most of my beloved action figure toys from the 70s and early 80s.

I'm curious if anyone actually still has the item they received as a kid.

I have a TON of the items, but not the actual gift I got as a kid.

Patrick

I'm curious if anyone actually still has the item they received as a kid.

I have a TON of the items, but not the actual gift I got as a kid.

Patrick

I still have my first Spiderman bike, my Knight Rider pedal car, numerous action figures and of course my Nintendo with Super Tecmo Bowl! lol

This:

7-c3b4c3a7c3b4-at-at.jpg

Still have it :grin:

and when I was 12 this:

daniels%2Bmarvel.jpg

I read it from cover to cover, and am currently trying to get every comic that was featured in that book in my collection...no matter how obscure :grin:

We (my sister & I) were pretty excited to get the NES one year.

The year we got the NES was probably my most memorable also. Our friends and family knew we were getting it and so we got around 5 or 6 games as well. I think I played Mighty Bomb Jack for about 40 hours straight on New Years Eve that year.

I had a pretty humble childhood with no Christmas presents growing up, but last year my gf paid to have a custom action figure of me made and its a dead copy of me dressed as doctor doom.

Pics or it didn't happen... :baiting:

lol

Last gift my grandparents gave me before my grandpa passed. I still have it. There was a Lego train I also wanted and I received that from for my birthday after he has passed.

7306B4FA-6B33-4CBA-B322-477AA8FCBEAA.jpg

Oh man I almost forgot THE most important gift!!! While, the NES Christmas was great, the Christmas of 1985 is what got me into comics.

A friend of my Grandmother, whom I cannot recall ever meeting, bought me every single comic book off of the shelf from September/October. It was a non-descript box that I opened and when I peered inside there were about 20-25 books.

I happily looked through them then put them aside not to see again for about four years when another friend of mine was showing me his. I said "Oh! I have some of those!"

The rest is history.

1994 - parents got me a big box of Spidey comics and toys from animated series.

Probably 50 comics and ~ 10 figures. In a big square comic box!

All clone saga stuff, ASM #394-404ish, with Web of, Spectacular, Etc. From the same Era. Great Mark Bagley covers and as an 8-9 year old kid I had a blast reading those and still have a soft spot for that Era.

Scarlet Spider had a great look to him.

Kicked off my collection and only about 80 issues off from whole 700 issue run of ASM.

Still have all the comics, toys and box too!

I remember that. My brother got that and I got this:

biglou_zps4db0b445.jpg

Good god, what is THAT?!? I love it.

Big Loo by Marx. There was Garloo before him.

The big Christmas toys for boys in 1962 were Mr Machine, King Zor, and Robot Commando. For girls, I only remember Chatty Cathy.

During 1st grade, one of my special Ed teachers gave me a coloring book with crayons.

Came from poor family who didn't give a rat's about Christmas so I never got anything. This blew me away.