• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most memorable Christmas gift you received as a child?

109 posts in this topic

WOW memory jolt

I had another alien figure I've been trying to remember for years. All I can remember is he was purple

Tin Can Alley

$_1.JPG

89a875986c6e6f1fe1c92cff868551c0.jpg

reminded me of the Electro Shot I use to have.... then the gun broke and it was kind of a bummer. Think it got tossed which I regret.

A great toy there. Anything that rapid fires steel balls was a must have. Crossfire was one of those games.

I was a G.I. Joe fanatic when I was a kid. Hell, I still am!!

I remember one year getting both the Headquarters and the Skystriker jet the same year.

1_zpsmqwko3sq.jpg

2_zpsean4iwby.jpg

Then another Christmas, all I wanted was a specific G.I. Joe figure. Zartan!!! I new the exact size of the box he came in, so the 1st thing I did was look for a box that shape. He was the 1st gift I opened. I was ecstatic. :acclaim:

3_zpsyxb2szvz.jpg

We had Joe figures, but only two vehicles. And they were 2 of my favorites toys. The Killer Whale and the X-30 Conquest. The Killer Whale is on my list of top 3 purchases. Looking at the X-30 Conquest now, it's kind of a junker. But I'll get it again.

I just bought a boxed Skystriker last week. Bought a boxed Headquarters about 5 years ago. Absolutely amazing condition with the inserts, labels that were never applied, etc. Snagging a boxed Flagg this weekend (who I met while oddly buying a 9.5 Zartan!). Love me some Joes.

Patrick

I've got a couple that I can't remember the names for..... both were larger figures, maybe a foot tall, and made out of a softer plastic.... not the hard plastic of today's figures. One was a Knight that I think had detachable armor and the other was an Indian. I'm thinking that horses were available for them as well. These would have been circa mid 60's. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This thread is fantastic.

While I certainly wasn't a child of the 60's or 70's, the 80's was pretty good.

It was either 1986 or 1987, but we got the NES with Super Mario World, Duck Hunt and Zelda and that was just the coolest thing ever. We were the first to have one on our block and all the kids would come over to play.

I also remember later the next year (or maybe the year after), Double Dragon was all the rage. Couldn't find the game anywhere.

Anyways, one day after coming home from work, my dad had a copy. I had no idea where he found it or how he found it, but he went out of his way to get us a copy and we played and played.

I think the year the NES went mainstream, it changed Christmas permanently. Not necessarily a bad thing but it certainly changed.

We also had G.I. Joe and He-Man figures but the NES stands out.

And Super Tecmo Bowl was by far the best game we all played. We would have tournaments every weekend.

FWIW, Bo Jackson was unstoppable.

I also remember getting a Hobie "Super Surfer" Skateboard. First board with clay wheels which was soooo smooth compared to the metal wheels. It was laminated wood and wide. I rode the heck out of it.

Living on the west coast, most of our presents were stuff we used out doors. I remember in high school my friends and I would go surfing on Christmas day with new boards and wetsuits.

Here's ol Kav Christmas circa 1964 on the right-playing with something I have no idea what. In a mere 3 years I would grab my first comic book!!!!

snij61.jpg

Anyone have these dudes? Colorforms outer space aliens

outer-space-men.jpg

How bout these dudes: (go to 2:32 to have yo mind blown)

Man I'm pining away for Super Techno Bowl.....I'll make due playing with my Optimus Prime.

I didnt get him the year he came out as we had little money,but the year after,when my Nanny had found him at a yard sale for me.I got mostlymused toys bought in the summer at garage sales ect,but never minded,there was always a big pile as they were purchased cheap.I remember getting Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars toys years after they where released,i thought it was cool,what got me into looking for older stuff all the time.