• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the artists choice sale?

51 posts in this topic

I can't handle his site. I'm confident that there are deals to be had, but it is litterly infuriating navigating that outdated website.

I completely agree! that site might be the worst designed site i have ever been on. there were numerous times I would be looking for some pieces, but I'd spend like a few minutes trying to go through the site then I give up.

I don't care how clunky the site is, nor do I really care that there aren't scans of a lot of pages (if I'm interested in a page I most likely own the book). The deal breaker is spending time sorting through the site to find a page I want, only to have it have been sold two years ago. That's just too frustrating for me.

Oh and the personal checks only thing is just an additional bother...although for a page I wanted I've heard enough people have positive experiences purchasing from him so that wouldn't be prohibitive.

For those willing to put up with all the bother and jump through the hoops, I hope you get some great deals at this year's sale!

a very important thing to note is that it seems that anthony snyder bought a lot of pages from artist choice (like hudreds of pages, he posts several dozen pages each week on anthonysnyder.com), so i wonder if there's a lot of things left on artist choice?

and as the site isn't updated, well....

a very important thing to note is that it seems that anthony snyder bought a lot of pages from artist choice (like hudreds of pages, he posts several dozen pages each week on anthonysnyder.com), so i wonder if there's a lot of things left on artist choice?

and as the site isn't updated, well....

That's not true. Not sure what you're looking at but all the artists I am looking at have dozens and dozens of pages added to their pages in the last couple of months. There must be thousands of pages added to well over a dozen artists just in the last couple of weeks.

There's a little flaming "new" or "updated" to something like 25 artists right on the home page.

There's something like 35,000-45,000 pages in the artist's inventory on the artist's choice, even if another dealer bought 500 pages I wouldn't call that "very important" or even mildly "worthy of note".

Millennials... :baiting:

AGREED :) - - 'tho not sure if it's chalked up the a generational thing since these Millennials are getting a bad rep for being self-entitled, lazy towards any process, impatient, self-indulgent and vain... but also on the flip side are innovative go getters who aren't so much slackers than always wanting to move onto the next thing to build up and improve. With that, I'd suggest maybe rather than complain about the website, maybe someone should contact the site owners with a proposal to re-build it with eCom shopping cart technology and all of the bells and whistles.

I'm sure there's a lot of collectors out there who used to have to sort through mailed catalogs, look at antiquated early web sites without images and jump through all sorts of hoops to get their Jack Kirby Fantastic Four, Steve Ditko Spider-Man and John Byrne Uncanny X-Men pages when they were all sub-$1k priced, that are sitting on top of stacks of cash for their efforts of yore.

So, to that degree, the thrill of the chase and hunting through the system isn't that horrible. It's an antiquated process to search, open up each link, look at the image, email to inquire, wait for communication, then send check by mail... but because it's somewhat of a laborious process for the impatient, usually that means there's greater odds of finding really nice deals, stuff that years from now you'll thank yourself for taking the time to acquire or kick yourself for being too lazy to look into.

Millennials... :baiting:

AGREED :) - - 'tho not sure if it's chalked up the a generational thing since these Millennials are getting a bad rep for being self-entitled, lazy towards any process, impatient, self-indulgent and vain... but also on the flip side are innovative go getters who aren't so much slackers than always wanting to move onto the next thing to build up and improve. With that, I'd suggest maybe rather than complain about the website, maybe someone should contact the site owners with a proposal to re-build it with eCom shopping cart technology and all of the bells and whistles.

I'm sure there's a lot of collectors out there who used to have to sort through mailed catalogs, look at antiquated early web sites without images and jump through all sorts of hoops to get their Jack Kirby Fantastic Four, Steve Ditko Spider-Man and John Byrne Uncanny X-Men pages when they were all sub-$1k priced, that are sitting on top of stacks of cash for their efforts of yore.

So, to that degree, the thrill of the chase and hunting through the system isn't that horrible. It's an antiquated process to search, open up each link, look at the image, email to inquire, wait for communication, then send check by mail... but because it's somewhat of a laborious process for the impatient, usually that means there's greater odds of finding really nice deals, stuff that years from now you'll thank yourself for taking the time to acquire or kick yourself for being too lazy to look into.

I'm not going to say anything about the technology side because that's Spencer's and his artists' choice (no pun intended) whether to spend the money to keep up with the times and provide their potential customers the best (or at least comparable) buying experience, but given how long it takes Spencer to process the requests because of all of that, why not at least reduce the clutter and make life easier for everybody by removing all the sold inventory (less moot email requests to deal with, more actual orders, shorter processing times)?

Oh and speaking of payment methods, I tried googling Spencer's reason for not accepting credit cards and found no support (as opposed to PayPal's buyer's protection, which by the way is independent on the type of merchandise) (could be that this used to be the case at some point, but not anymore?).

Got my order in, we'll see how we do. Last year I was surprised to get everything I wanted. This year I doubt I'll be that lucky. Good luck everyone!

Website working for others? Down for me.

If you have been refreshing it all day, try closing your browser and starting fresh. I had been refreshing all day long and eventually got an error page. Closed the browser down, brought it back up, went directly to the home page, and it came up with the sale info.

Well I put an order in for these as the discounts were too much to ignore and these will fit in nicely with my Divito pages:

Good luck! I put in on several of the McNiven Uncanny Avengers pages, but not these! Hopefully we both get what we wanted!