• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

most dificult SA-BA Spideys to find well centered?

51 posts in this topic

#102 and #104 are both pretty tough. And I don't know if I've ever seen a perfectly centered #33.

#24 is hard too.

I know it's just an 8.5, but I bought it because the spine was perfect with no chipping.

Scan10101-1.jpg

#102 and #104 are both pretty tough. And I don't know if I've ever seen a perfectly centered #33.

#24 is hard too.

I know it's just an 8.5, but I bought it because the spine was perfect with no chipping.

Scan10101-1.jpg

That is a sharp copy.

#45 is another Spidey book that's prone to this kind of mis-wrap. They often were published by the "Arvel Comics Group" and were priced at 2¢.

Isn't #13 also back-wrapped a lot?

Dan

I've seen a number of ASM #13s that are back-wrapped. But I don't think it's too difficult to find a decently centered copy.

I was going to say it's hard to find a nicely centered #25 too. The "M" from Marvel Comics Group is always butted right up against the spine. Then I noticed this ComicLink listing. The "M" isn't complete because that's the actual layout of the cover. It's not poor centering or binding, it's poor design or paste-up.

It makes me wonder how many other ASMs suffer from the same problem.

1dsavh.jpg

#17 is one that jumps to mind for me. Not so much for being off-center, though it can be, but for the variability on the right edge. Many people don't realize that the guy in the lower right corner was actually drawn with an ear, because many copies cut off the right edge pretty extremely. I've seen copies with the right side of the number box and comic code completely cut off. There are also copies with plenty of blue to the right of the number box but still no ear. And note that the spine centering seems to be fine on all of these.

RAD57DF72015819_141151.jpg

RADAE1EB201177_155459.jpg

RAD1F15F20151117_135158.jpg

For the younger issues...#24 and #33 are most impossibly to find with the full logo on the FC. Issue 10 and the "L" factor are duly noted...I would bet that the percentile with the full L on the FC is in the 10% range... :frustrated:

I hate when people say "just an 8.5" I have the same book in vg condition and I'm proud of it and think it presents well considering it's 60 + years old. You should be ecstatic with a vf - nm book! It's nice as hell!

For the younger issues...#24 and #33 are most impossibly to find with the full logo on the FC. Issue 10 and the "L" factor are duly noted...I would bet that the percentile with the full L on the FC is in the 10% range... :frustrated:

....... I snagged this 24 at a local show recently..... it has a slightly impacted staple but that was offset by awesome gloss and near white pages. I remember a perfectly centered 8.5 that went for 9.0 money a few years ago.... it is kind of tough with good centering. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

DSCN1964%202.jpg