• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For you old-time collector's, how did you store your comics?

51 posts in this topic

Back in the late 60's and early 70's, the drug store I bought most of my comics from would put them in this flat brown paper bag that was just a little larger than the comic or comics I would buy. I could fit about 9 or 10 books in those bags and slowly began using them to store my books on a 4 shelf book case my older brother had made in shop class in high school. That process served me well for many years. I didn't come upon my first full fledged comic book shop until 1980 where I bought my first comic book bags, boards and long boxes. That store was Comic Carnival in Broad Ripple, near Indianapolis Indiana. They are still in business today but have long since moved to a different location on Keystone Ave.

First I stored them on the floor under my bed (1973-1975), then my first comic boxes were ones that my mother brought home from high school history/english class (1975-1977). It was a multi tiered box that was perfect for holding comics. There were some form of educational books/materials that came in them. I still have a couple that are around with old beater reader comics in them. I didn't graduate to comic boxes until around 1978 when I was 11 years old after I'd realized around 1977 that condition mattered. I did take a turn at using filing cabinets in the early 80's but outgrew them pretty quickly. Now it's a combination of white and grey short boxes, white long boxes, and plastic bins with lots of bags, boards, mylars, etc.

10 comics to a bread bag, bread bags in mandarin orange boxes.

I have a friend that stores his in bread bags, he has around 41000 comics :ohnoez:

What...? You mean, comics didn't come "sealed in their original plastic" back then...?

:o

..... back in the 9th Century B.C., when I was a child, the slab was the comic ..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I have finally migrated from stacks to shelves. I have 4 shelves full so far. I am thinking about buying some of the box drawers to see if those will work for me.

15D47FF4-3FF1-4955-932F-5676AADC8731.jpg

You should be able to fit another row of DBs heightwise in the same space.