• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK 181 CGC 9.2

24 posts in this topic

Highly considering picking up this HULK 181 as I want a copy with White Pages. What do you guys think of condition (centering and spine stress)? Seller does not know if comic has been pressed.

Here are grader notes:

Bottom Front Cover Multiple Indent

Bottom Spine Small Wear

Front Cover Lite Finger Bends Breaks Color

Spine Stress Lines Breaks Color

http://www.dacardworld.com/comic-books/incredible-hulk-181-cgc-9-2-w-1205126001

Thanks!

Agree with most everyone else that the price is pretty high...especially considering the old label CL result last night. I'd want a 9.4 for the price they're asking for this one. The centering looks really nice and to my untrained eye, I think the colors look good. A lot of spine ticks for a 9.2, though. What matters most, and you'll hear it a lot, is what you think of the book. If it speaks to you, see if you can work something out with D&A. In my experience, they've been pretty responsive.

D&A overprice all their mess. They have a Tec 140 7.5 they picked up on ComicLink @9k only a couple months ago and have it listed with a BIN of 17k.

Not entirely true but it's the same copy

ok ok $16,995.95

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-140-CGC-7-5-OW-Origin-1st-Appearnace-of-the-Riddler-/371488789543?hash=item567e751427:g:F9cAAOSweuxWS300

ComicLink listing

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=1076636

I looked at a few random (ok, not so random for the tecs) books from their listings. All of them overpriced IMO.

Tec 140 7.5 @ 17k

fugly Tec 35 CBCS 2.5 @ 24k

Action 31 9.0 @ 12k

Batman 1 0.5 restored Brittle @ 23.5k

and this Hulk 181

Maybe not all their mess but high end stuff, certainly.

DA Card world is always way overpriced on their website, then you go and check out their eBay listings and you're surprised again!

this is a weak 9.2 - i personally think it's over graded here. I was thinking 8.5 maybe with all those creases.

PQ is overrated to me as well.

In moderns I want White PQ

in Copper - OW/W or higher

in Bronze - OW or better

in silver - CROW or better (i'm not anti-CROW at all - I've scored some great deals)

D&A are always very aggressive with prices, and they don't really negotiate much either .. so if its a book in a grade/condition that you MUST have.. give it a try and see what they can do. however, dont expect anything but pretty close to all time GPA highs with their books. 2c

with that said, i did buy from them 2 times a couple years ago :makepoint: (books long gone now)

D&A are always very aggressive with prices, and they don't really negotiate much either .. so if its a book in a grade/condition that you MUST have.. give it a try and see what they can do. however, dont expect anything but pretty close to all time GPA highs with their books. 2c

with that said, i did buy from them 2 times a couple years ago :makepoint: (books long gone now)

They're aggressive with their prices, but my experience with regards to negotiation has been different. I've bought a couple of SA Marvel keys @4.0 from them. I just called them on the phone and they were more than willing to negotiate. I offered 90 day GPA on one and 12 month GPA on the other. No headaches. Without exaggeration, it took about 5 minutes each time. We spent more time talking about Hockey than the book itself.

Obviously, their willingness to negotiate could be because we were talking about low-mid grade books, but I found them to be hospitable and cool to deal with on both occasions.

Depends on the book too.

I called D&A about a pretty big key a few months back and they wouldn't budge on price more than $50 or so, which was still a couple hundred above GPA

Either way, the guy on the phone did tell me that they viewed the book as being 'hot' and that the owner/manager wanted to hang on to it, hoping someone would bite at the higher price.

So perhaps on other books, they'd be willing to negotiate more.

Depends on the book too.

I called D&A about a pretty big key a few months back and they wouldn't budge on price more than $50 or so, which was still a couple hundred above GPA

Either way, the guy on the phone did tell me that they viewed the book as being 'hot' and that the owner/manager wanted to hang on to it, hoping someone would bite at the higher price.

I think it may have something to do with how long the given book has been on the market as well. I bought a ST 110 4.0 OWW from them at 12M GPA. They were asking about $400 above my offer. I think I made the offer towards the end of the ST 110 run up when the book had started to slow down a little bit. Of course, if they were asking closer to GPA in the first place, it may have sold much quicker. It's a nice 4.0 example, so I think their over pricing led to the book hanging around more so than the book being construed as a soft 4.0, which it isn't.

Then again, they're a pretty big company from what I understand. Maybe end of a month/sales period/fiscal year led to them being more responsive. Who knows?

Depends on the book too.

I've talked to them a couple times and they do not like to move on their prices.

I was told the same thing, It's a hot book right now, and we've had a lot of interest in it.

In that case it was a book they had on Ebay, I asked them if they have so much interest in it, why have they relisted it five times?

They didn't have an answer for that.

That being said, I have bought from them a few times, they ship fast, and pack extremely well.