• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CW's Smallville revisited
2 2

113 posts in this topic

On 7/6/2023 at 1:06 AM, Bosco685 said:

Woefully inadequate. 

•  Rosenbaum is still excited about the potential for an animated Smallville sequel series.
  •  The issue is timing. With so much change going on at DC, the show would need to be formally pitched at the right time.
  •  The Smallville sequel series could explore the story from the "Smallville Season 11" comic in a potentially long-running animated format.

Smallville star Michael Rosenbaum finally gives a new DC update on the potential series revival of the Superman TV show. It has been nearly 15 years since the Smallville TV show finished its run on The CW, as Tom Welling's Superman finally took it to the skies. However, in the current age of beloved TV series getting resurrected for reboots or revivals, many have always been wondering if Smallville could ever get to that point.

Screen Rant: Something that I know many of us at Screen Rant always wonder about is the potential of the show coming back. I know you and Tom spoke a year or two ago about this, but you guys were developing a Smallville animated series with the cast and creators. I know last year the strikes probably forced it to get put on pause. But is there any update you can provide us with?

Michael Rosenbaum: All I could share is that it's a great idea. We have Al and Miles, the creators of Smallville backing us up. When it's the right time, we'd like to go and do this; pitch to Warner Bros. It has to be the right time, and right now is not the right time. We had the strike, we had a change of executives at DC — one being one of my best friends in the world, James Gunn. When the time's right, I think it's something that's a no brainer, unless they have other ideas. We'd like to do it — the whole cast would like to do it. They would voice their own character from the show, and we have a concept of what the show is.