• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your comic collecting goals for 2016?

93 posts in this topic

I want a Star Wars Super Comix from South Africa, but that is more a dream than goal since none are available to purchase. Maybe this year... :wishluck:

As for comics that are more readily available, I should be finishing my collection of vintage Spanish Star Wars comics at the end of this year (Planeta Agostini, Surco, Vertice, and Bruguera) and I am wanting to complete my collection of the Scandinavian countries next. I also have a few issues of Brazil's O Incrivel Hulk with Star Wars stories to get. No shortage of goals this coming year! lol

I also plan to keep downsizing my collection.

This comic arrived in the mail yesterday:

supercomixstarwars_zpsq166j7kr.jpg

The Super Comix Star Wars from South Africa!

I want a Star Wars Super Comix from South Africa, but that is more a dream than goal since none are available to purchase. Maybe this year... :wishluck:

As for comics that are more readily available, I should be finishing my collection of vintage Spanish Star Wars comics at the end of this year (Planeta Agostini, Surco, Vertice, and Bruguera) and I am wanting to complete my collection of the Scandinavian countries next. I also have a few issues of Brazil's O Incrivel Hulk with Star Wars stories to get. No shortage of goals this coming year! lol

I also plan to keep downsizing my collection.

This comic arrived in the mail yesterday:

supercomixstarwars_zpsq166j7kr.jpg

The Super Comix Star Wars from South Africa!

My obligatory blog posting:

Retro Foreign: South African Star Wars

I met some of my other collecting goals, but other's I failed miserably. :( I did nothing this year to downsize my collection. I'm being squeezed out of my home office!

To work on my Vampirella and Creepy run,and to build up on my horror mags.

To hopefully get one big key this year,kids permitting. :pullhair:

Nearly complete Vampirella run= ^^

Creepy run 1 through 22 complete, then 27,32,37= ^^

Bought TNMT 1 cgc 8.0 through 4 raw= 1 big key acquired. ^^ ( kids are huge turtles fans)

Junkdrawer sold me a pretty Avengers 4 too,almost forgot. :headbang:

Upgrade a few books in my ASM 1-100 run...

Looking for a 4.5-5.5 ASM 1

I'd like some more GI Joe art from the original series

A few more Golden Age Marvel and DC War covers

Definitely want to sell more things

Sooo... what did I do.

Looking for a 4.5-5.5 ASM 1

I did not pick up an ASM1 upgrade this year and most likely will not be doing so. Decided to hoard a lot more money and have a more important purchase coming up within the next few weeks. ASM1 had to take a backseat.

I'd like some more GI Joe art from the original series

Over the course of the year I picked up a few more GI Joe pages. I now own page 7 from issue 25, where readers find out that there is a connection between Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes as well as page 15 from Issue 109 where several Joes were confirmed killed in the Middle East along with another commission from Larry Hama. I also picked up a modern era Snake Eyes cover from a trade paperback.

A few more Golden Age Marvel and DC War covers

I picked up a Captain America Comics 20 in 4.5 and a Young Allies 18 in 5.0 and a Captain Marvel Adventures 17 in 7.5.

Anything else notable?

While I did not pick up the ASM1, I did pick up a few fun odds and ends for my personal collection. I finished up on the few Amazing Adventures / Adult Fantasy I needed so I completed that set. I also picked up a Superman 3 and a 57. I only upgraded two ASM issues from my ASM run this year. More importantly I finally got around to upgrading my 252 to a 9.8. When I was a kid the lady that ran the LCS said I wouldn't ever be able to afford that issues. Pushed it back for too long. I also added duplicate books to my collection that were too good a deal to pass up. I do not believe you can ever have too many ASM14's.

Besides the GI Joe art, I sold off a page of art over the summer to a 'collector' that really wanted it for his personal collection. I just won it back at a fraction of the price. A boardie that knew of the sale pointed it out to me that my page was back on the market three months after I sold it. I also picked up that original Disney Jungle Book art from the 1967 film as well as another Indiana Jones 'last page' and an Eternal Warrior cover.

I also purchased a pre-lego plastic brick toy from a seller in the Netherlands. I have a wooden Lego train. I also picked up a secret decoder on the boards which I find fascinating and then tracked down some vintage wind up toys.

So what did I sell?

By my rough estimate I believe I sold off around 250 pieces of plastic crack (GI Joe, SW, Transformers, sealed Lego sets I was sitting on...) throughout the year between here, Hisstank, Rebelscum, eBay and Craigslist. I sold off a short box worth of raw comics. I made some decisions and parted ways with a little more than 40 slabs. Basically I wanted to send off as much as possible. It was not about raising dollar amounts (however if my price was not met I shrugged and kept the item) but clearing as much space as possible so I retained my important books. Also, yes, I sold a pair or two of old sneakers.

Pics some other time.