• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect auction

185 posts in this topic

I knew several folks wanting a tec 40 real bad back in the 90's...... 1st Clayface is appealing to some..... and none of those early ones come easy in grade. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I knew several folks wanting a tec 40 real bad back in the 90's...... 1st Clayface is appealing to some..... and none of those early ones come easy in grade. GOD BLESS...

Maybe someone got aroused by it.

Like the Joker, on the cover.

(1st joker cover - probably why the price if you ask me. And a classic one of Joker's 'boners'. And of course, there's robin, clutching onto the knob end for dear life). doh!

294xNxdetective-comics-40.jpg.pagespeed.ic.cdqQVw-qBf.jpg

Man, Cap 1 , .5-- restored , trimmed, writing on the cover and the printing color error......sold for 16k. Same book sold for around 9k not that long ago.....

What happened to the two Captain America #1's?

Did the Cap #1 cgc 2.5 @ $21K go for too low or did the Cap #1 cgc 0.5 @ 16K go for too much? Or is this about right?? Both ways, congrats to the winners.

The restored 0.5 went for what a similar copy did last year.

The 2.5 seemed low. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in either a CGC green label with the one trimmed page removed or some ridiculous CBCS slab soon enough.

-J.

that cover is so........ interesting.

If it is a flagpole (?) then WTF is robin doing up the pole in the first place? Anytime he's scared he just runs to the nearest pole? He wants to climb on top of every pole he sees?

(You can't make this stuff up. doh! )

... the more I look at it, the more disturbing it is...... I think I need to wash my eyes. I wonder if D.C. forced the addition of Robin on the creative team and they were "poking" some fun at him lol GOD BLESS....

I'm really not a fan of how CC is imaging their books these days. It looks like they're taking pictures rather scanning, and putting the books at a slight angle to avoid flash reflection. The result is that some books appear miscut, when in-hand they probably look fine. I just don't feel like I'm getting an accurate reflection of what the book will look like in-hand.

+1

Some of the scans in the CC auction this time around seem to be worse than others. I hadn't noticed such an issue with any of their prior auctions, but like you, the scans this time around caught my eye, and not in a good way. Hopefully they'll switch back to their old scanner / technique for future auctions...

Win anything Leroy ?

Didn't bid on anything. Still need a 29 & 36 but can't seem to bid on book with SB pages as the 29 had.

I was interested in seeing how the 37 did and that book doubled in last hour. Even with that being Rockford at 6.5 I wonder what my 6.0 would bring these days.

Of all the pre-Robin Tecs 37 always gets least respect. That was not the case tonight.

Harley had one of these at NJ Comic Expo he'd just picked up. He let me take this shot

IMG_1332_zpsy6c4qnty.jpg